Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a phone on bill pay for the first time

Options
  • 18-11-2015 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hello Everyone,
    I am moving to Ireland for my new job in a few days. I have been checking the mobile operators websites and their seems to be interesting deals on the "Bill Pay" system. I am wondering if I will be able to subscribe and get one of the new phones right away, or will I need to wait for a period of time to build credit history or something like that? Would really appreciate any information.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Darren 83

os88 wrote: »
    Hello Everyone,
    I am moving to Ireland for my new job in a few days. I have been checking the mobile operators websites and their seems to be interesting deals on the "Bill Pay" system. I am wondering if I will be able to subscribe and get one of the new phones right away, or will I need to wait for a period of time to build credit history or something like that? Would really appreciate any information.

Thanks!

The mobile networks don't use the ICB but have there own credit system. You might have to pay a deposit on a hand set which will be returned in six months

• Registered Users Posts: 14 os88

That's great news for me, thanks Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Kerry Gooner

Usually look for proof of identity and address.
    Normally a copy of your passport/driving licence and a copy of an utility bill.

Advertisement