Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dealz is opening a second Mullingar store

• 18-11-2015 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Dealz is possibly opening a second store in the Fairgreen shopping centre in Mullingar.beside Tkmaxx, It's not known if they are going to open before Christmas, I was down there today and all I saw was a few counters and possibly some selfing, the shutters were in place (open of course) there wasn't anything else to see inside. I will try to take some descrite pictures of the exterior if I can, just to give you people some proof

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Not a consumer issue. Moved to Westmeath forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

oh great, another discount store for mullingar

• Registered Users Posts: 6 localman20

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    oh great, another discount store for mullingar
    DTZ Sherry Fitzgerald (Leaseholder of Fairgreen) probably want to fill up the shopping centre with cheap shops to create the same lively atmosphere you get from a fully functional shopping centre. That's my theory.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

I suppose it wouldn't hurt to have another store open in Mullingar. Here in Athlone, there's numerous empty retail units and offices around town, a symptom of the boom. Rents are doing nothing to help matters either. So if it creates jobs and a little competition, then I'm all for it.

Itzy wrote: »
    I suppose it wouldn't hurt to have another store open in Mullingar. Here in Athlone, there's numerous empty retail units and offices around town, a symptom of the boom. Rents are doing nothing to help matters either. So if it creates jobs and a little competition, then I'm all for it.

Mullingar has it problems when it comes to business. We have the Lakepoint retail park on the delvin road. Built in 2002, everyone thought it would be the best thing to happen to Mullingar since the N4 dual carriageway. How wrong there were. 13 year's later 3 shops have shut down due to low profit's and high rents and plans to extend the place have been selved Harvey Norman was the biggest lost.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

We got our retail park on the Monksland. 4 of the 10 units are occupied and none of any great significance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Itzy wrote: »
    We got our retail park on the Monksland. 4 of the 10 units are occupied and none of any great significance.

Isn't that in Roscommon?

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    Isn't that in Roscommon?

Well I suppose it is, but being so close to Athlone, it seems like such a waste.

I have confirmation from the web master of Fairgreen Mullingar shopping centre website. She stated that Dealz will be opening sometime this week.

Advertisement