Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

error code ce-34878-0

Options
  • 19-11-2015 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭

Hi folks. I recently got a replacement ps4 and now I keep getting the above error code while playing a game.
    I checked that both game and ps4 were up to date. I restarted the game and reset the ps4 with still no joy.

Would the ps4 be faulty? I only really play the one or 2 games but I only noticed it happening on one game. But then again I haven't played the second one much lately.

Is there anything more I can do to try stop this error?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

Did you try any of the steps on this article?

ps4daily(dot)com/2014/09/ps4-error-ce-34878-0-fix/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

me_irl wrote:
    Did you try any of the steps on this article?

Ah ya all of them like I listed above but made no difference

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I'm in the exact same position as yourself OP - got a replacement PS4 from Argos on Monday and several disc games I've tried so far have given the error. I thought it was related to playing them using saved files from the PS4 that was replaced (saves I re-downloaded from the cloud) but I'm not so sure - I started a new game of Lords of he Fallen last night and it crashed out after about an hour or so.

Everything is up to date too.

Got mine in Argos too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

This has just literally happened to me a few minutes ago. Brand new ps4 only a couple of weeks old and I've been playing tomb raider this evening, I'm 70% complete and it suddenly crashed with that error and now it won't load the save again. Googling it says that it corrupted my save file. Feck sake :mad:

• Advertisement

Great, so I decided to delete and reinstall tomb raider hoping that it didn't corrupt the save, and now it won't even start. Just gives me error ce-32921-7 now.

Crashed just as I was saving a game this evening. Save is now corrupt. A load of stuff lost. Taking it back to Argos tomorrow. Sick of it at this stage. Game never crashed once on the old one. Crashes about 3 times an hour now

Great, so I decided to delete and reinstall tomb raider hoping that it didn't corrupt the save, and now it won't even start. Just gives me error ce-32921-7 now.

The game itself won't start? Is it disc or download? What if you upload that save to the cloud then delete it locally, wonder if that might make a difference (just as a test).
    sean1141 wrote: »
    Crashed just as I was saving a game this evening. Save is now corrupt. A load of stuff lost. Taking it back to Argos tomorrow. Sick of it at this stage. Game never crashed once on the old one. Crashes about 3 times an hour now

Let us know how you get on. Mine was ok yesterday, no crashing on Lords of the Fallen. Fingers crossed.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Consoles-Peripherals/When-is-ps4-error-ce-34878-0-FINALLY-going-to-be-fixed/td-p/43121340

Seen this. Wonder would it be worth a try?

Don't fancy getting a new one and having the same problems again

sean1141 wrote: »
    http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Consoles-Peripherals/When-is-ps4-error-ce-34878-0-FINALLY-going-to-be-fixed/td-p/43121340

Seen this. Wonder would it be worth a try?

Don't fancy getting a new one and having the same problems again

If it's crashing 3 times an hour for you then it's worth a shot (is that just on one game or all?). If the error comes back on mine I'll give his steps a try.

• Advertisement

Andrew76 wrote: »
    The game itself won't start? Is it disc or download? What if you upload that save to the cloud then delete it locally, wonder if that might make a difference (just as a test).

Disc version. Yeah it would instantly crash when I booted it. I don't have psplus yet so I didn't have any cloud saves. I reset the ps4 to factory settings and that seemed to solve it. Not that it matters because it's left a bad taste in my mouth so I probably won't play it again, which is a shame because I was really enjoying it. Googling the error code and tomb raider it seems to be fairly common when traveling to a particular location in game, which is where it happened to me too.

So far it's the only game I've had an error with, but if it happens on any other games I'll be bringing it back.

I've started manually backing up my saves to usb stick when I finish playing now, which I think is a bit ridiculous that I have to do it in case my ps4 decides to corrupt them again.

Andrew76 wrote:
    If it's crashing 3 times an hour for you then it's worth a shot (is that just on one game or all?). If the error comes back on mine I'll give his steps a try.

You could play for an hour and it might not crash once but it could crash 10 times in a row. It's on the one game that I it's happening. Haven't tried any other game.
    It never crashed on my old ps4 (it just stopped reading disks) and only happened on the new one after I put my save data from cloud storage on to the machine.

I'm wondering did I have a static IP installed on the old one and not on this one? I don't know much about it

Ya so that didn't work either!

Advertisement