Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xenoblade Chronicles X

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Polygon as usual up their own arse.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Polygon as usual up their own arse.

TBH I had a lot of the same issues with the first game that they mention in their review of X. Tedious pacing, aggressive padding, systems that were complicated but never really felt like they justified all the obfuscation, hoary storytelling... Honestly it's always surprised me the game wasn't more divisive, given for everything it did well it did something else not so well - and this very much sounds like the logical progression of that trend :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,358 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Digital Foundry have put this game through the wringer and it's performed admirably.

Xenoblade Chronicles X Wii U Tech Analysis/Frame-Rate Test

Is this the most technologically advanced Wii U title we've seen to date?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaYfIdZ-_a0

[Unboxing] Xenoblade Chronicles X Limited Edition

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5bh7szMSmk

Just to make our wait a little tougher. I won't be playing it anyway until Christmas. Amazon France have taken my money but I haven't got an e-mail from them that they've sent it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Got my shipping confirm from Smyths this morning, prob here tomorrow....just in time for my 4 day stretch in work :(

• Advertisement

Xenoblade Chronicles X - Against the Odds (Wii U)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DqCHLGrKXo

Why? Why isn't this or something similar on TV? The game deserves so much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

^do you mean, why isn't it being advertised on TV? Yeah, it's mad. Got my shipping confirmation from Amazon too, but won't have it in my hands til early next week.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I so want to select 'New Game', gotta leave it til later tonight though. (There were only a couple of small updates to download too.)

jwsiynK.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Is this available to buy anywhere I hadn't preordered. In a real shop.

iamtony wrote: »
    Is this available to buy anywhere I hadn't preordered. In a real shop.

Sorry I was being lazy it's available in Smyths anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Sorry I was being lazy it's available in Smyths anyway.

I just looked it up on the website and was about to reply to say, yeah low stock in my local store in Galway (I think that usually means one or two copies), I'd say it's regarded as a niche title despite it being Wii U's best game for the Christmas period, so stock might be fairly limited, best to get your hands on it asap. Sorry that was a terribly-long run-on sentence, I'll stop now. :pac:

And if you can't find it in Smyths it's a fiver extra in Gamestop.

I really shouldn't be buying myself a new game this close to Xmas but what the hell im gona splash out.

Surprised there's no amiibos with the launch of this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Its a mature game Amiibos only get released with family friendly titles

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Mine was sent on Tuesday so I won't get it till prob next week.

But I did just start Skyrim this week, so could be a while before I get to it anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Forgot I preordered this off amazon and it was sent out yesterday.

I'm delighted those rotten SCamiibo haven't tarnished this great game.

sligeach wrote: »
    I'm delighted those rotten SCamiibo haven't tarnished this great game.

It's funny I never had any interest in amiibo's but I really like the box sets with the game and amiibo.
    And it's kinda fun to be an adult with kids and have your own toys:-)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Ballocks, forgot this was out today!

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Ballocks, forgot this was out today!

There's always tomorrow chill :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

It's funny I never had any interest in amiibo's but I really like the box sets with the game and amiibo.
    And it's kinda fun to be an adult with kids and have your own toys:-)

Some of the figures are actually quite well done and not a 'scam' either, upto to people to buy them or not and no important things are hidden behind their purchase either. It's cool to have figures of games that you would not have had otherwise, Olimar, Ike, King Dedede etc.

Looking forward to playing Xenoblade after the weekend though, with Christmas coming up I don't know whether to full delve into it now or wait to do it properly until after because there will inevitably be a break in sitting down to play it with the holidays etc. I feel it's a game that would needs consistent coming back to, to immerse yourself in it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

There's always tomorrow chill :-)

I'm hearing it's very hard to find, most gamestops didn't stock it...

Ah hopefully you'll find it handy enough. Shame Argos didn't stock it, not too surprising I guess.

Watched the intro at lunchtime and created my character. That's one thing I'm always rubbish at - creating a decent looking character. :o Gonna give it a blast for a few hours now and see how I get on.

I don't suppose there's any handy way to take in game screenshots of Wii-U games these days? A quick Google mentions having to upload to image hosting sites? Reckon this game would be a good candidate for some nice pics.

Smyths have it in stock in most branches according to their website anyway!

Andrew76 wrote: »

I don't suppose there's any handy way to take in game screenshots of Wii-U games these days? A quick Google mentions having to upload to image hosting sites? Reckon this game would be a good candidate for some nice pics.
    At any stage in game if you press the home button the then open miiverse you will have the option to post the image that was on screen(before you press the home button). Post the image to your log and then if you access miiverse via you phone or laptop or whatever you can copy and paste from their............I think:-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Not really ever played an rpg like this, is it easy (the game mechanics) to pick up or would me and my 10 year old be out of our depth?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

So, money saved then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Gamestop in Galway have 3 on sale if anyone's looking on that side of the country!

• Advertisement

Buy the Limited Edition for €58 delivered from Amazon France with all the extras like the steel book and art book or be ripped off by Gamestop and buy just the game for €65? Tough decision. Yes I'm aware the Amazon France price has gone up since then but there was ample opportunity to get it before that happened.

Advertisement