Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xenoblade Chronicles X

Options
1235»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Horizon is good but it's by the numbers Ubisoft. The only real problem with it is that Breath of the Wild so much better.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Horizon is good but it's by the numbers Ubisoft. The only real problem with it is that Breath of the Wild so much better.

Hey at least the Ubisoft towers in HZD are giant walking robot creatures rather than the boring static towers in BoTW! The environment is more alive, the combat is better, I don't have to pause the game mid-combat because my stick broke and I'm not staring at a silly green circle all the time because my character is so unfit he runs out of breath after jogging twenty paces (
    maybe that's what a 100 year sleep does to you I'm not sure
    ). :P

They both have their pros and cons to be fair. One thing that isn't up for dispute is that we've been spoilled for choice in terms of big budget releases this year so far.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Hey at least the Ubisoft towers in HZD are giant walking robot creatures rather than the boring static towers in BoTW! The environment is more alive, the combat is better, I don't have to pause the game mid-combat because my stick broke and I'm not staring at a silly green circle all the time because my character is so unfit he runs out of breath after jogging twenty paces (
    maybe that's what a 100 year sleep does to you I'm not sure
    ). :P

They both have their pros and cons to be fair. One thing that isn't up for dispute is that we've been spoilled for choice in terms of big budget releases this year so far.

The Last Guardian FTW!!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    The Last Guardian FTW!!

I'm ashamed, The Last Guardian wasn't on my mind at all when I posted above. It's been completely overshadowed by Nioh, HZD and Zelda. Also plan to pick up Neir at some point, looks great. And we waited so so long for TLG. :(

Really must get back to it, same goes for Chronicles X.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I can't bring myself to finish Last Guardian. It's just not that good as a game. The puzzles are bad and the controls are janky. And when you have games that play as smoothly as Nier and Zelda it's a complete pain in the arse trying to go back to it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I can't bring myself to finish Last Guardian. It's just not that good as a game. The puzzles are bad and the controls are janky. And when you have games that play as smoothly as Nier and Zelda it's a complete pain in the arse trying to go back to it.

Nope,
    It's a masterpiece.
    I've not enjoyed a game as much in years.
    I understand the issues, but the only one that bothered me at all was the PS2 era camera problems.
    Otherwise I loved it from top to bottom.
    And you really need to finish it, especially if you've invested in it so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Andrew76 wrote: »

we've been spoilled for choice in terms of big budget releases this year so far.

I was thinking the same, problem now is there is a real big drop off for new releases until the end of year, possibly next year :(

And yeah Zelda is great for exploring but HZD has it far beat in terms of combat, the combat in BOTW is ****, the combat and boss fights were alot more fluid in Wind waker and OOT.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,358 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Monolith Soft Thinking About Xenoblade Chronicles X Port For Switch
    Everything is better when you can take it with you.

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/monolith-soft-thinking-about-xenoblade-chronicles-x-port-on-switch-

I personally hope it never happens.

sligeach wrote: »

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/monolith-soft-thinking-about-xenoblade-chronicles-x-port-on-switch-

I wouldn't say no if they make some improvements to it and charge around €40-€45. Probably wishful thinking on my part.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Wouldn't mind XC1 made available, even digitally. Maybe when VC comes.

And GameCube!! Oooh the excitement!!

• Advertisement

As a non Switch owner how on earth is it going to make a blind bit of difference to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

As a non Switch owner how on earth is it going to make a blind bit of difference to you?

Exactly! A port of XCX would make sense, especially if XC2 is a success, especially when a lot of switch owners would have missed out on owning it on the wiiU. And the original should make its way to the virtual console eventually, since it’s on the wiiU store too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,358 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

As a Wii U owner of this game, I say tough $h1t to anyone and everyone who wants it. You had your chance to buy it but you turned it down. I bought several Collector Editions and a solus version. Why should I be further insulted by having my purchases reduced in value with a Switch version?

Edit: I might be amenable to a digital version only eventually. No, too bad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

As a Wii U owner of this game, I say tough $h1t to anyone and everyone who wants it. You had your chance to buy it but you turned it down. I bought several Collector Editions and a solus version. Why should I be further insulted by having my purchases reduced in value with a Switch version?

Too be honest sligeach, thats a very narrow view to have on video gaming, because you brought some special editions that its should remain a wii u exclusive never to be enjoyed by anyone outside the wiiu. XCX was an amazing game on a console that ultimately wasnt very successful, would you not be happy to see the game being introduced to an eventual larger audience that the switch is going to have and let everyone experience the game and for it was and for it to be a more successful game which would have a knock on of monolithsoft doing well and wanting to produce more games for the series. seriously ports are a good thing, the wii u had some amazing games. Be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Ah, so that’s why you don’t want a port to be released for Switch, because you personally own the Wii U version(s) already and don’t want your special editions to be devalued. It makes perfect sense now, nobody else on Earth deserves to have a chance to play it if they didn’t buy a Wii U and a copy of the game. Right... :pac:

At this stage I'll call foul.
    You really need to build that bridge and get over it, the Switch and it's existence.
    It's here and, well it's a little bit queer, at least a unique device.
    And games can only grow in renown the more people get to play it.
    The chance for a larger audience to sample Xenoblade Chronicles X should be a cause for celebration amongst those who love it, not a thing to be hoarded away.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I have a Switch. I have XenoChronX. I still would prefer people **** off and buy a WiiU. I know it makes no sense financially or logically, but I have a very emotional relationship with my consoles that I've gone into too much detail in the past. I have wired those bridges with dynamite. Cross em if you want...

Replace Xenoblade with "your girlfriend Tracey" in Cidermans post and you will notice he's asking Sligeach to become a pimp. That can't be right or acceptable, even in this modern world of hipster beards and 3 donut shops on 1 street. Can it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

You buy a console to play games. What other people buy or have access to should make no impact on your enjoyment of said games.

Nintendo owes you nothing and vice versa. You didn't make an investment.

Banjo wrote: »
    I have a Switch. I have XenoChronX. I still would prefer people **** off and buy a WiiU. I know it makes no sense financially or logically, but I have a very emotional relationship with my consoles that I've gone into too much detail in the past. I have wired those bridges with dynamite. Cross em if you want...

Replace Xenoblade with "your girlfriend Tracey" in Cidermans post and you will notice he's asking Sligeach to become a pimp. That can't be right or acceptable, even in this modern world of hipster beards and 3 donut shops on 1 street. Can it?

No one is going to buy a WiiU now.
    No one.
    So, if Xenoblade Chronicles X is going to grow its audience, it's going to have to come out on the Switch.

Tracey is just going to have to move along, try life outside of luddite city.

Not wanting a game from your favoured console on another is just petty and spiteful

Not wanting a game from your favoured console on another is just petty and spiteful

....and?
    :)

I'm pretty sure that was my point too. But I can't help feeling how I feel. And how far I feel Sony and MS owners can **** off. (Answer : right off. Like, all the way.)

Unless we get Red Dead on a prisoner exchange

BTW, I know we're talking about a Ninty to Ninty port but I have an equally inexplicable issue with the lack of backwards compatibility in conjunction with the copious ports. Even more so. Because I keep buying the ****ing things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

It's like a console civil war, arguing between Wii U and Switch. Like I and others have Bayonetta 1 and 2 on Wii U. They didn't sell well with the low install base, but if they ported them to Switch they could sell a lot more, which may encourage Platinum to make Bayonetta 3. Same with Wonderful 101 and other games people would like sequels to. Then there are those that bought Xrnoblade X on Wii U but are more likely to play it if in a portable format, as we've seen people state here before about games.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

No one is going to buy a WiiU now.
    No one.
    So, if Xenoblade Chronicles X is going to grow its audience, it's going to have to come out on the Switch.

Tracey is just going to have to move along, try life outside of luddite city.

My mate bought a Wii U last week after having a hoot on mine. He loves Nintendo but hadn’t played games for a few years. He’s delighted with it. For me, I’ve loads to play on the Wii U. I’d love a Switch for the new Mario, but it’s not enough for me to buy one just yet. I’ve no real interest in using it handheld (neck issues) and the graphical upgrade isn’t huge from what I’ve seen. It’s clearly a nice console and I think it being portable as well as a home console is a great idea, it’s just not what I wanted, personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,090 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Your post reads like that of a spoilt child to be frank.

Edit: That reads much sterner than I meant, apologies all.

Probably we shouldn't allow one point of view define the discussion, given so many find it to be inexplicable.
    Truth is, if they were to announce the Bayonetta titles on the Switch tomorrow it would make it available to many more potential customers as a result, so why not, except for some very strange unwillingness to embrace a favoured brand, despite all the evidence that the Switch has been the right move

I believe the correct term is "butthurt"

My butt hurts because the WiiU was short lived.
    My butt aches because the quality of the exclusives was so high they refuse to die with their system, like dishonourable rats deserting a Titanic that crashed into the harbour wall, never quite making it to sea.
    My butt bleeds because the Switch is not backwards compatible with the WiiU in any form and yet all the same games mysteriously run on it with seemingly negligible development cycles.
    My butt ejects fast sanguinous flows in arcing crimson geysers that block out the sun and spill a bloody rain o'er this darkened land because like keep finding money I don't have to spend on things I already own to play on this marvelously portable little joybox.

Ask not for whom the butt hurts, it hurts for thee.

Sorry, Sligs, I think you're better off when we fight :)

Advertisement