Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paediatric orthopaedic consultant in Dublin

Options
  • 19-11-2015 8:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭

I'm hoping some of you may have experience with bringing a child to an orthopaedic consultant for over probation. My son will be 5 after Christmas and he over pronates quite badly. I've always been careful to buy supportive shoes but I think perhaps it's time to get his gait assessed in case he needs something corrective.

I'd appreciate anyone's experiences of something like this as I'm clueless. Btw, I'm definitely not looking for medical advice, just other people's experiences.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

For over-pronation you might be better off seeing a good physio. It could also be hyper-mobility which would be best assessed by a physio too.

Aidan Woods on Pearse Street is excellent - http://www.pearsestreetphysio.com/

If you're set on Orthopaedic consultancy we saw David Cogley in the Hermitage Clinic before and he was good. Turned out the problem wasn't orthopaedic so we had no repeat visits so can't really give a proper reference for him.

[edit]Have you spoken to your GP about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Thanks Orion. I'll contact that physio and make an appointment. I mentioned it to our go when he was 3 and at that stage he said he'd do nothing as his feet were still developing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

They're still developing at 5 but the earlier an issue is caught the better. Best of luck with it.

Advertisement