Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disconnection Notice Letter

Options
  • 19-11-2015 9:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi, I'm a new tenant at my address and when I got the keys, there was a letter from electric ireland to register the account as there is no customer registered. The letter addresses the ocupant, not the landlord or previous tenant.

So, i decided to take another suplier, called this new supplier and gave my details.

To my surprise, I've got another letter from Electric Ireland saying that they will disconnect my energy supply on the next 5 days (the letter is dated 14 Nov 15, but just received yesterday 18 Nov).

What's exactly going on?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige N

Hi wgentine,

Thanks for your message.

The process of switching to a new supplier can take 20 working days to complete, regardless of which supplier you are switching to. When did you start the process of registering the property with your chosen supplier?

Once the switch process has completed Electric Ireland would not disconnect the property. However, if the property has been deemed as vacant, or unregistered, for an extended period of time, then it may have disconnection order logged against it. If this order was placed prior to your new supplier advising Electric Ireland of the switch then this disconnection may go ahead.

We would advise checking with your new supplier to see if the process is close to completion. Also, if you would like to send us a private message here on Boards including the MPRN of the property and the address we can look into whether or not a disconnection order has been placed on the property.

If you have any questions please let us know.

Thanks,
    Brige

________

• Registered Users Posts: 19 wgentine

Hi wgentine,

Thanks for your message.

The process of switching to a new supplier can take 20 working days to complete, regardless of which supplier you are switching to. When did you start the process of registering the property with your chosen supplier?

Once the switch process has completed Electric Ireland would not disconnect the property. However, if the property has been deemed as vacant, or unregistered, for an extended period of time, then it may have disconnection order logged against it. If this order was placed prior to your new supplier advising Electric Ireland of the switch then this disconnection may go ahead.

We would advise checking with your new supplier to see if the process is close to completion. Also, if you would like to send us a private message here on Boards including the MPRN of the property and the address we can look into whether or not a disconnection order has been placed on the property.

If you have any questions please let us know.

Thanks,
    Brige

________
    Hi Brige,

Thanks. I've sent you my details privately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige N

Hi wgentine,

Thanks for advising us that you have sent your details.

We have now received your private message. It has been entered into our queue and will be looked into as soon as we can.

We hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Brige

________

Advertisement