Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Downgrade from broadband+landline to broadband only DISASTER

Options
  • 19-11-2015 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi Eircom or Eir,

I am here to report yet another negative episode happening in relation to my account, after the initial Odissey of sorting out my bills, which took me 1 entire month of pure hassle to sort out. 

This time, all I asked for was to be downgraded from broadband+landline to broadband only, which will save 13€ on my current bills. The most easy peasy job you would think, so did I.
    So, I phoned the "loyalty" team 2 days ago, as usual a seemingly very collaborative guy reassured me that the process would have been as smooth as silk, caused no disruption to the current service or whatsoever, and that the change would have been effective immediately.

That's when the unimaginable starts, as the EXACT OPPOSITE of what I requested began to happen:

1- My perfectly working broadband stopped working, and today, after 2 days, it is still down
    2- The landline which I didn't want any longer is still active

I rang the various helplines and here you go, nightmares from the past came back to life..."a new account has been opened by mistake"..."this is normal, it takes up to 48 hours to take effect"..."I am so sorry, this shouldn't have happened, we will give you a temporary internet dongle"...

The most inconsistent rubbish excuses have been thrown to me, and it seems the usual postponing game "we'll give you a ring tomorrow with an update" has already started. 

All I can say at this point, sadly, is that I totally understand the reasons why all the people I know were recommending against Eircom. I have been stubborn, I gave it a try, but now I can tell I have made a big mistake not listening to them.

Seriously, you can't expect someone to be constantly having to be on top of these things, people have lives, kids and lots of problems of their own already...I can't be stuck on the mobile to listen to 3 or 4 words and then put on hold to that horrible music for hours....this is not right

I want my service back TODAY, or I will be another customer jumping off the ship...which looks like it's getting emptier and emptier every day...

Advertisement