Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone stuck in wrong time zone

• 19-11-2015 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

I was in New York last week and my phone changed over to the relevant timezone automatically.

Since I got home on Tuesday morning the phone has not reverted back to the right timezone and is still on New York time.

I've tried turning off the automatic setting and inputting the timezone manually but it just shows up as America/New_York when I do it that way.

Can anyone help me fix this problem and get the phone back to the right timezone please?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I don't understand. What happens if you disable automatic and manually set the time zone to Dublin Ireland?

Also, did you disable mobile data or anything during your trip? You should try restarting as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭fermoyboy

If I try to manually set the time zone to Dublin, Ireland and select that, the phone just shows America/New_York and stays on NY time. I'm unable to chose any location.

I disabled data roaming while away and turned it on when I returned but nothing changed as regards the time. Would that have an effect on it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Does Maps know where you are? Are location services off?

Maps shows that I'm back in Ireland.

Location services are on too. Even the betting apps which wouldn't allow me access while in the States now recognise my location.

I can't think of anything else to do to sort out the time zone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 64 ✭✭Stenth

Try power cycling the phone by holding down the power button and the home button for about 10 seconds, until the screen goes blank. Then start it again with the power button.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Stenth wrote: »
    Try power cycling the phone by holding down the power button and the home button for about 10 seconds, until the screen goes blank. Then start it again with the power button.

It restarts automatically, keep holding both buttons until an apple appears and then let go

I've tried the hard reset and all of the obvious things to try. Just brought it into the phone shop and the guy was clueless. Said he'd never seen that problem before!

Gonna have to do a factory restore I think and hope that works

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Before you do that try 2 things:

Make sure time zone override is disabled in Calendar settings.

And make sure time zone is enabled in Location Services > System Services settings.

Tried all those.

Just off the phone with Apple support and he'd never heard of the problem before. Told me to try all of the things mentioned above and to reset Location & Privacy settings, which didn't work either!!

Only option is to restore the phone.

Thanks for all your replies.

Dd you try resetting all settings as well?

If that fails hopefully a restore will fix it. Although I recently encountered an nasty iOS 9 bug that required setting the phone up as new to fix.

• Advertisement
Advertisement