Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coin Converters

Options
  • 19-11-2015 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Does anyone know if there is one of those machines that you throw your change in and they give you back notes for it in the city centre anywhere???? I know you pay a commission and thats grand thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭lostinsuperfunk

Supervalu in Togher has one. Not exactly city centre though! Also not sure if it gives you back notes or a credit voucher for the shop.
    I think Tesco in Paul Street has one but I'm not 100% sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Pitcairn

All the Tesco supermarkets have them. There is one in Paul Street. commission is 10% I think.
    Just take out all the €1 and €2 as you pour in the coins.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 tapit54

Tesco in Douglas have one

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭pogsick

The ones that are in all the supervalues are only 5%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭farmerjj

Pitcairn wrote: »
    All the Tesco supermarkets have them. There is one in Paul Street. commission is 10% I think.
    Just take out all the €1 and €2 as you pour in the coins.

Ya just shy of 10%, they only give you a voucher for the store to the value of the coins, they don't give money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭thomil

farmerjj wrote: »
    Ya just shy of 10%, they only give you a voucher for the store to the value of the coins, they don't give money.

You can cash in the voucher at the customer service desk, at least that's what I regularly do at Tesco Paul Street.

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Yeah you can get the cash for the voucher at customer service desk in Mahon tesco also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭farmerjj

thomil wrote: »
    You can cash in the voucher at the customer service desk, at least that's what I regularly do at Tesco Paul Street.

Didn't know that, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 25 tapit54

Go to customer services desk and they will cash the voucher for you

Advertisement