Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank Loan Fiasco

Options
  • 19-11-2015 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭

How hard is it to take a loan off a bank in which you have been bankning with for almost 10 years. Frankly I'm appaled. I ws employed by the same company for 3 years, moved to a Large telecomms company for 18 months, gt promoted 3 times within that time and (no break in between, straight from one to the other) then took another with a larger Telecomms company who gave me a 50% pay increase and here's me thinkig when it comes to taking a mortgage or loan that will realy help and because I'm on probation with Eir I cant even borrow 2,000 to do up my home office?

So someone earning 36k who co-owns a home in Killiney which is mortage free and worth approx €370,000. Who's current account has over €1000 in it and a car loan in the credit union can't take €2000 in a loan from BOI ?

I'd also like to point out my repayments of this loan were going to be €28 a week. It's embarassing to think I couldnt afford that even on socal welfare.

I moved from a rent free home, to Galway for a job (again with a 50% pay increase) if I lost my job I'd walk
     into any telecomms company even on 9.50 an hour and be able to pay off that loan or on Social Welare getting €188 a week and have no rent, no mortgage and still be able to afford this EASIALLY.

Frankly that is laughable. I may sound ignorant and cocky but I m proud of my employment status. My salary and employment hisrory and to be told I can't borrow 5% of my annual salary or ven better 10%of what I'd get in a year on the doleis farcical.  

I would liek to know how I go about closing my account and ceasing my bankig with BOI altogether.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

Good Afternoon leposean, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us today on Boards.ie.

We are very sorry to hear you are unhappy with your experience in relation to your loan application. Once your probation period with your new employer is over we would be happy to make your application again. This would be part of our terms and conditions for all loan applicants and is not reflective of your personal status or history. 

If you would like to PM us with your Name, Address, Branch and contact number, stating when your probation period is over, we would be happy to arrange someone to call you at that time for your convenience. 

We are very sorry to hear you want to close your account and hope you will reconsider. However, should you wish to close your account you can do this by dropping into any Bank Of Ireland branch with photo ID and they will be able to assist you. Alternatively you can send written instruction to your branch or drop it in their mailbox. An email or fax will not be accepted for this type of instruction.  

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Thanks,
    Evie 

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭leposean

Eve thank you for coming back to me so quickly.

My new job has a probationary period of 12 months. Most jobs in the telecomms sector would have this however I'd like to think with my expertise and the fact that I have been headhunter the last thing this company would think of doing would be to let me go.

The probationary period has to be built into all contracts as they cannot be seen to favour certain employees over others.

All I was looking for was for my bank to support me in my new role. To help me renovate a room for a home office.

Between the money in my account here and the credit union savings I could radially withdraw the lot and pay for what I need however I'd rather have savings as BOI and the credit union both tell me.

Frankly I find it disgraceful that an application by anyone in my situation would be turned down. Employed taking home a decent salary for the amount of time I have again with a house worth 370,000 mortgage free and I can't get a 2000euro loan. It's laughable. That's 0.05% of the collateral I would have.

As I said in Salthill the plan is to.sell.that house in the next 12-18 months where I would then be looking at buying myself with a mortgage through BOI. That certainly won't be happeneing if this is how you treat customers.

For love nor money I can't understand it. Already I've spoken to KBC since I got off the Phone with your Salthill branch who will happily Give me the loan if I move my banking to them with the exact same application I had given to the Salthill Branch and the interest rate is slightly lower also.

I've been loyal to BOI for 9 years now. If something can be done, of course I'd stay if not I'll happily move my banking elsewhere.
    Good Afternoon leposean, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us today on Boards.ie.

We are very sorry to hear you are unhappy with your experience in relation to your loan application. Once your probation period with your new employer is over we would be happy to make your application again. This would be part of our terms and conditions for all loan applicants and is not reflective of your personal status or history. 

If you would like to PM us with your Name, Address, Branch and contact number, stating when your probation period is over, we would be happy to arrange someone to call you at that time for your convenience. 

We are very sorry to hear you want to close your account and hope you will reconsider. However, should you wish to close your account you can do this by dropping into any Bank Of Ireland branch with photo ID and they will be able to assist you. Alternatively you can send written instruction to your branch or drop it in their mailbox. An email or fax will not be accepted for this type of instruction.  

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Thanks,
    Evie 

Hi, 

We would be more than happy to look into this further for you. Each lending case is assessed on an individual basis, and we would like to see if there is anything further we can do for you. If you would like to PM me those details above, I would be happy to arrange a callback to you from one of our dedicated lending representatives straight away. 

Many Thanks, 

Evie 

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭leposean

Evie I've just tried to PM you and it says you can't receive PMs
    Hi, 

We would be more than happy to look into this further for you. Each lending case is assessed on an individual basis, and we would like to see if there is anything further we can do for you. If you would like to PM me those details above, I would be happy to arrange a callback to you from one of our dedicated lending representatives straight away. 

Many Thanks, 

Evie 

Hi, 

Apologies about the delay in getting back to you, can you please try and PM me again? This should work now. 

Thanks, 

Evie 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

leposean wrote: »
    Evie I've just tried to PM you and it says you can't receive PMs
    Hi, 

Many Thanks, 

Evie 
    The pm address is in her signature

Advertisement