Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Query re Nusing and Physio courses

Options
  • 18-11-2015 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hello

I want to apply for nursing general or for physiotherapy through CAO. To how many universities can i make my application in Dublin.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Are you
    A leaving cert student
    QQI FETAC student
    Mature Student
    International student

This will have a bearing on how you make your application.

With CAO you can pick up to 20 courses. 10 level 8 Honours degree and 10 level 6/7 higher cert /ordinary degrees.

Physio and Nursing are all Honours, (level 8) degrees so you can select a maximum of 10 courses between these 2 subject areas. However depending on your nationality and residency there are restrictions on applications to Nursing.

It might be a good idea for you to speak to an information officer in one of the adult guidance services: you can look up the service nearest you here: http://www.ncge.ie/further-education/aegi-contact

You can also look up courses using the course search function on the National Learners database:
    http://www.qualifax.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Priya77

I am a Leaving certificate student and below 23 years old. I want to only apply for General Nursing and Occupational therapy.

I want to apply for DCU, UCD and TCD. Is it possible to apply for this universities through one application for CAO.
    Thanks in advance !!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Yes , if you are applying on the basis of a leaving cert and if you are an Irish or EU national then it will be through CAO.

You need to research the specific courses in the specific colleges you want to apply to. Check the Leaving cert points and make sure you are sitting the correct subjects in your leaving cert to meet the colleges subject entry requirements.

You can register for a CAO account now and application is open from now to the 1st of Feb.

If you aren't an Irish or EU national then other application procedures apply and you may not have to use CAO.

Advertisement