Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wilco - Iveagh Gardens July 10th '16

Options
  • 19-11-2015 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,458 ✭✭✭✭

On sale tomorrow. I'd imagine this will sell out mega fast and I'd also guess there will be a second night added hopefully. The perfect outdoor venue with a touch of intimacy that should make this quite a night.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

It will sell out but not right away. No extra date I would expect

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭crazyhorse

Wonder if there's a chance of a Big Top gig as part of Galway Arts Festival. Dates line up nicely

• Registered Users Posts: 25,458 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Last year the National played two nights at the Iveagh gardens and then at the Galway Arts festival. Not nailed on but a possibility that the dates would suit anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭crazyhorse

St Vincent, John Grant and Damien Rice doubled up last year so there's solid form

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Strumms wrote: »
    Last year the National played two nights at the Iveagh gardens and then at the Galway Arts festival. Not nailed on but a possibility that the dates would suit anyway.
    crazyhorse wrote: »
    St Vincent, John Grant and Damien Rice doubled up last year so there's solid form

Same with Cork for both. The Frames, Imelda May, Bell X1 and more have also done both Iveagh Gardens and the Marquee, but I would wonder if Wilco would have the popularity over here to sell a few dates around the country. I'd say 2 in Dublin would be more likely than 1 in Dublin and 1 in Cork/Galway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Could be a shout for EP 2016 too maybe???

Could be a shout for EP 2016 too maybe???

Doubtful if they're playing earlier in the summer.

It's not impossible by any stretch, but Wilco haven't played here since 2009 so the likelihood of two separate outdoor gigs in the space of three months isn't high I would say.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Doubtful if they're playing earlier in the summer.

It's not impossible by any stretch, but Wilco haven't played here since 2009 so the likelihood of two separate outdoor gigs in the space of three months isn't high I would say.

Two summer gigs unlikely alright - they have played since 2009 though... one of the early Forbidden Fruits for sure....

Two summer gigs unlikely alright - they have played since 2009 though... one of the early Forbidden Fruits for sure....

You are correct! Forgot about that.

I think this show was billed as their "first headline show since 2009" so I forgot the festival appearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

They played in Belfast in 2010 aswell if that counts. But yeah been too long. Will be a great day. Pray for dry weather though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭mrk75

You are correct! Forgot about that.

I think this show was billed as their "first headline show since 2009" so I forgot the festival appearance.

Yeah, 2012. A bit of an underwhelming show at the time, I thought. Wasn't the usual length of a set you'd get in a full Wilco show but enjoyable all the same. Anyway, I got to meet John Stirratt earlier in the day, so that made it memorable for me.

Looking forward to this one. A fine venue by all accounts but still would be nice to see them in Vicar St again for one of those two-night stands. Some great gigs there in recent years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

Just two weeks to go to this!. Its been so long since they played Dublin. Lucinda Williams is a great support act for them.

Advertisement