Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issues with pop3 server for the last few days

Options
  • 19-11-2015 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭

Hi. I am writing here for my parents as they are having huge issues for the last few days and are not receiving any emails at all.

They are both using Eircom addresses
    They have Sky broadband and have been using this for the last year or more.

They use Outlook Express to bring in their emails.

Incoming server settings .... I have tried both webmail.eircom.net and mail1.eircom.net and changing this still doesn't seem to help

The port numbers are set as 110 without ssl ticked.

These settings have worked for years, both when they had internet from yourselves and after they changed over to Sky.

The timeout is set to 2 minutes on each account and when I try a send and receive it says connected, but eventually times out on each account.

I have just logged in on your webmail page and it logs in fine and can see emails sitting there for the last few days. I have gone through everything I can think of and have absolutely no idea why this is happening.

Can you please help me to resolve this issue for them as I look after setting up their accounts as they would not be familiar with changing server settings etc

Many thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Mad_Mike wrote: »
    Hi. I am writing here for my parents as they are having huge issues for the last few days and are not receiving any emails at all.

They are both using Eircom addresses
    They have Sky broadband and have been using this for the last year or more.

They use Outlook Express to bring in their emails.

Incoming server settings .... I have tried both webmail.eircom.net and mail1.eircom.net and changing this still doesn't seem to help

These settings have worked for years, both when they had internet from yourselves and after they changed over to Sky.

The timeout is set to 2 minutes on each account and when I try a send and receive it says connected, but eventually times out on each account.

I have just logged in on your webmail page and it logs in fine and can see emails sitting there for the last few days. I have gone through everything I can think of and have absolutely no idea why this is happening.

Can you please help me to resolve this issue for them as I look after setting up their accounts as they would not be familiar with changing server settings etc

Many thanks
    Hi Mad_Mike

This would ultimately be a settings issue and the best advice we can offer is to get in touch with eir email support on 1890260260. As your parents are no longer with eir when they are asked to enter a number by the automatic voice just wait until you're asked a couple of times and you will then be transferred to a support agent.

Ultimately I feel you may end up needing to contact sky for their recommended settings but I hope this helps.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

Mad_Mike wrote: »

Reverse ip lookup is probably failing, and Sky would have to fix that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Thanks for you input here jd

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

Hi jd
    Sorry, but I never saw notification of your reply. Just came back to check on this today and saw your reply now. How does this work? One thing I have tried since is connecting through vpn/proxy, and literally the minute I do so, the emails all come in without fail, but when I disconnect and go back to the Sky connection, it fails again

Advertisement