Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Two free Odeon tickets

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,165 ✭✭✭893bet

This reminds me of that time we all signed up for free razors. I'll believe it when I see it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

walsh08 wrote: »
    What a nice person to post this for all of us!

Does anybody know if these can be redeemed in Mahon point,Cork?

No, thats an Omniplex which is a different company to Odeon. The list of cinemas has been posted already.

Or just go to the Odeon website.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

There's no doubt some dummies hoarding up these in the hundreds that will ruin it for everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭Yester

Nice one. Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 161 ✭✭Jane1012

I may be overcritical but the website doesn't exactly look legit - it's strange that it would bring you directly to the Odeon promo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Jane1012 wrote: »
    I may be overcritical but the website doesn't exactly look legit - it's strange that it would bring you directly to the Odeon promo?

Checks out. Newspapers regularly run promotions like this and redesign their page for the campaign. In this case, the Sun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 161 ✭✭Jane1012

Checks out. Newspapers regularly run promotions like this and redesign their page for the campaign. In this case, the Sun.

Ah ok - great bargain alert so :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Thanks a million OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Jane1012 wrote: »

I saw the offer in the paper during the week so it's legit. I'm just very dubious that I'll ever see the tickets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

The big question mark about the BA is the unclear statement in the T&Cs that the vouchers are valid on bargain day (Wednesdays). Does this mean that the vouchers can only be redeemed on Wednesdays? That line item seemed slightly bolded when I read it. But it is The Sun, a Murdoch publication with a stellar reputation, so I am sure I am worrying about nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

T&C FAIL :P
    The codes should be entered online at www.rishsunpromos.ie

But thanks for the link in the OP; got meh tickets :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Arbie

Thanks OP!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 222 ✭✭rahenyrover

Superb - thanks OP!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭nailer54321

Great, worked fine for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Nice one OP,

Star Wars movie in December sorted!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭garbeth

boobar wrote: »
    Nice one OP,

Star Wars movie in December sorted!

It's not valid for star wars. Says so in the t&c's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭afro man

This reminds me of that time we all signed up for free razors. I'll believe it when I see it.

partyjungle

I got my free razor months ago it did work :D

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

I'm just very dubious that I'll ever see the tickets.

If it wasn't posted on the net, you would have.
    Now with the codes posted on forums, I'd say there is no chance of anybody getting them.
    There must be tens of thousands of tickets applied for now so if they honour all the requests, nobody will be paying into the Odeon for the next 3 months.
    I actually bought the paper to get the tickets but threw out the coupons from the paper and applied on-line instead. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭meolwan

Thanks OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

I just ordered but was given a blank screen when I finished entering my details, and I haven't received any emails. But when I try to reorder it says I've already done so. So, I guess it worked?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Getting usage limit reached. I guess its gone :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

garbeth wrote: »
    It's not valid for star wars. Says so in the t&c's.

Ok, still nice one OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Getting usage limit reached. I guess its gone :-(

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

If it wasn't posted on the net, you would have.
    Now with the codes posted on forums, I'd say there is no chance of anybody getting them.
    There must be tens of thousands of tickets applied for now so if they honour all the requests, nobody will be paying into the Odeon for the next 3 months.
    I actually bought the paper to get the tickets but threw out the coupons from the paper and applied on-line instead. :(

Just to give my cents, from an advertising and legal background, they will follow through on this. It's one thing not (or 'accidentally, due to technical errors') sending out razors, but a national newspaper is under scrutiny. If they didn't follow through, even on a free promotion, they'd be in trouble. And you can be sure they are being watched.

Sure, look at Supervalu and Dunnes this week. They messed up a coupon deal and got in trouble. These guys will follow through.

Will they scrap postage and give email vouchers? More than likely. Will they send out postage vouchers? No way. Will they cancel the offer and call out the sharing of codes? Not a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

walsh08 wrote: »
    What a nice person to post this for all of us!

Does anybody know if these can be redeemed in Mahon point,Cork?
    Just to give my cents, from an advertising and legal background, they will follow through on this. It's one thing not (or 'accidentally, due to technical errors') sending out razors, but a national newspaper is under scrutiny. If they didn't follow through, even on a free promotion, they'd be in trouble. And you can be sure they are being watched.

Sure, look at Supervalu and Dunnes this week. They messed up a coupon deal and got in trouble. These guys will follow through.

Will they scrap postage and give email vouchers? More than likely. Will they send out postage vouchers? No way. Will they cancel the offer and call out the sharing of codes? Not a chance.

So that's a yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭podge018

hope they don't email them as I've entered a couple of made-up addresses for my parents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

hope they don't email them as I've entered a couple of made-up addresses for my parents.

+1 :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

okidoki987 wrote: »
    +1 :o
    In that case I hope they do email them and then only genuine people will get them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 447 ✭✭sector_000

Anybody receive their tickets by post yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

It looks like they've had a few extra visitors!

http://www.irishsunpromos.ie/

[FONT=trebuchet ms, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]
    Thank you for visiting.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=trebuchet ms, arial, helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
    [FONT=trebuchet ms, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Unfortunately the cinema ticket [/FONT]
    [FONT=trebuchet ms, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]promotion [/FONT]is now closed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,891 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Anyone recall if it said when these tickets were going to be sent out?

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Kajemo

I think if I remember right it said two weeks? But I could be way off...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Within 2 weeks AFAIK. It should be this week if they are honoured

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Fingers crossed now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Hope so.

I'd be shocked if two cinema tickets arrived at my door for nothing in exchange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

I'd be shocked if two cinema tickets arrived at my door for nothing in exchange.

Your personal data isn't nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

eoghan104 wrote: »
    In that case I hope they do email them and then only genuine people will get them.

Define genuine tho ;)

Like I know where you are coming from. Hopefully people who only applied for one set of tickets get them as opposed to someone who took the piss and tried to claim 10 tickets. But the sad fact is a portion of people who did genuinely buy the newspaper would take the piss too.

Only my opinion but all these free giveaways that dont have unique codes get the piss taken out of them.

ps,
    i'm still waiting on my razor :pac:

ps,
    i'm still waiting on my razor :pac:

Hmm everyone who persisted got their razor in the end, so I'm already formulating a contingency plan for this offer ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,310 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

HAs anybody received tickets yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Knine

Dodge wrote: »
    HAs anybody received tickets yet?

Nope nothing yet.

Pter wrote: »
    Your personal data isn't nothing.
    Its not worth 15 euro

Mr.S wrote: »
    Yep, much more!
    Really? Maybe I'm ignorant to all this. HOw much is it worth?

• Site Banned Posts: 66 ✭✭bloominballix

Really? Maybe I'm ignorant to all this. HOw much is it worth?
    It's worth 2 tickets to the cinema, prices vary depend on where and when you go. I went last night and it cost me €20 for two tickets, so yes, it can be worth more than €15.

Anymore stupid questions?

It's worth 2 tickets to the cinema, prices vary depend on where and when you go. I went last night and it cost me €20 for two tickets, so yes, it can be worth more than €15.

Anymore stupid questions?

Who pissed in your cornflakes this morning?

• Advertisement

Are these the guys to contact if no tickets? https://www.facebook.com/theirishsun

I'll give em another week or so ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭garbeth

Why wait. I've asked already. Will post if they reply

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Red King

Still no sign of these tickets :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9 conor9369

They're a bunch of cowboys Ted.

The T&Cs say (still visible on the bottom of the irishsunpromos.ie site if you scroll down):

"Promoter: ODEON United Cinemas International (Ireland) Limited trading as ODEON. Registered in Ireland under company No 441782. Registered office: 6th Floor, South Bank House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4."

So perhaps Irish Sun aren't the ones to contact?

• Advertisement
Advertisement