Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coldplay 2016 tour

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

The new rumoured dates will be in arenas. Half of their US dates is in arenas.

Just had a look and those seem to be one off nights in 19 to 24k cap arenas, it would give me hope.

But the line put out is it costs to much to transport for one night in Ireland.

Ah well, have tickets for June 19th but I would defo see them here also if they decided to play

Same here for June 5 in Manchester.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Just had a look and those seem to be one off nights in 19 to 24k cap arenas, it would give me hope.

But the line put out is it costs to much to transport for one night in Ireland.

They could play multiple nights here but its unlikely .
    This whole tour is a cash grab.

Has anyone seen the ticket prices in the Us ,they are very very steep.
    First 15 rows of seats is ~750 dollars, next 10 is ~450 dollars.
    Rest of floor and lower level is ~200 dollars .

I was thinking of catching an indoor gig in the US when I'm over there but no way am I paying that sort of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

My collector lanyard tickets are arriving tomorrow! :D Had to use Parcel Wizard as Ticketmaster wouldn't ship the collectors edition tickets outside of the UK!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Anyine watch them on BBC over the weekend. Shocking. Chris Martin needs to stop doing the dad dance.

coldplay-dancing.gif

less than 3 weeks to go! :D

MadYaker wrote: »
    Anyine watch them on BBC over the weekend. Shocking. Chris Martin needs to stop doing the dad dance.

coldplay-dancing.gif

Nothing new there at all, he's always done that.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭MusSpo13

Is there any possibility of them playing Ireland this year? I wonder why they haven't toured here in the last few years?

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

MusSpo13 wrote: »
    Is there any possibility of them playing Ireland this year? I wonder why they haven't toured here in the last few years?

They are coming back to Europe for more dates so hopefully they add a date here. :o

• Advertisement

They are coming back to Europe for more dates so hopefully they add a date here. :o
    Great, I hope so!

The Manchester gig was amazing, anyone heading Wembley is in for a treat.

The Manchester gig was amazing, anyone heading Wembley is in for a treat.

Great to hear that! Will be heading over for the Wembley gig on the 19th.

Great to hear that! Will be heading over for the Wembley gig on the 19th.

We were lucky, we had great seats. We were front row in our section and our block had its own private bar so lovely and relaxed before the gig.

The wristbands are a sight to behold and the sound/light is top notch.

As for the dad dancing, we were all at it:D

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Slipshaney

Yes Manchester gig was amazing!!!

Slipshaney wrote: »
    Yes Manchester gig was amazing!!!

Sat or Sun ?

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Slipshaney

Saturday.....we were quite high up in the stands but the view was great

Hoping they will come back to Ireland shortly!

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Parachutes

The fact there's no Irish date is criminal in my opinion. 2017 at the earliest.

I absolutely love these lads but they haven't released anything truly great since Album 4. The setlists nowadays just aren't appealing enough for me to justify traveling out of the country to see them.

Would have loved to seen them during their peak, around 2002-2003

Parachutes wrote: »
    The fact there's no Irish date is criminal in my opinion. 2017 at the earliest.

I absolutely love these lads but they haven't released anything truly great since Album 4. The setlists nowadays just aren't appealing enough for me to justify traveling out of the country to see them.

Would have loved to seen them during their peak, around 2002-2003

Each to their own, i can't say anything bad about the current tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Liam92

Have they had a falling out with Irish promoters? They failed to play during the Mylo Xyloto Tour (excluding their Oxegen appearance in '11), and now with the AHFOD Tour. I was pretty sure I read they were booked for the Aviva in 2012 and it fell through.

Best bets would be a winter arena tour, but they're off to Australia and New Zealand in December, so they could try and squeeze it in beforehand.

• Advertisement

Maybe they will announce new dates after Glastonbury..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Concert happens to coincide with a trip to Mexico so will be seeing them there! Haven't been to one of their shows since the Viva La Vida concert which was quite some time ago now.

They were brilliant in Mehico! Wish I could go see them again.

SLMREAA.jpg?1

Decent mix of new and old stuff though with an obvious emphasis on the Head Full of Dreams stuff.

They sang the bad version of The Hardest Part though.

Just out of their Wembley gig tonight. absolutely brilliant!

Glasto, Coldplay, Stayin Alive...................WOW !

I'm not the biggest fan of this current tour.

As per the user name you can see I'm more than a casual fan. I've been following them since album 2 (unequivocally their magnum opus)

The set lists are seriously lacking older songs in my opinion. This couldn't be typified better than their performance at glasto.

You're missing fan favourite's such as In My Place, Trouble, Politik, Violet Hill etc and it's replaced with covers from other bands (The tributes to David Bowie etc) are nice but people didn't pay to see those other bands, they payed to see Coldplay (especially when you could fit a classic in this spot), pointless techno remixes that go on way too long, unnecessary intros and outros and lip synced songs (If you don't believe me listen to a few performances of clocks on this tour and come back to me)

Then you have Chris who seems more interested in providing entertainment and putting on a show rather than the music. The version of Fix You they play now is completely butchered because he doesn't want to play the piano and would rather be interacting with the crowd.

When they do play an older song or take a request (which is always an older song, surprise surprise) it's usually a truncated version and Chris fluffs the lyrics. Performances of don't panic always stop halfway through for Chris to ask the audience to encourage Jonny to sing. This was funny the first time it was done in 2011 but now just comes off as scripted and ridiculous. Ruins the performance.

If they were to play here I would see them out of obligation and enjoy the limited older stuff they would play it just doesn't compare to the set they played at the Phoenix Park in 2008 for example.

Coldplay remind me of the curious case of Benjamin Button. They get less mature both lyrically and sonically as they get older.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Parachutes wrote: »
    I'm not the biggest fan of this current tour.

As per the user name you can see I'm more than a casual fan. I've been following them since album 2 (unequivocally their magnum opus)

The set lists are seriously lacking older songs in my opinion. This couldn't be typified better than their performance at glasto.

You're missing fan favourite's such as In My Place, Trouble, Politik, Violet Hill etc and it's replaced with covers from other bands (The tributes to David Bowie etc) are nice but people didn't pay to see those other bands, they payed to see Coldplay (especially when you could fit a classic in this spot), pointless techno remixes that go on way too long, unnecessary intros and outros and lip synced songs (If you don't believe me listen to a few performances of clocks on this tour and come back to me)

Then you have Chris who seems more interested in providing entertainment and putting on a show rather than the music. The version of Fix You they play now is completely butchered because he doesn't want to play the piano and would rather be interacting with the crowd.

When they do play an older song or take a request (which is always an older song, surprise surprise) it's usually a truncated version and Chris fluffs the lyrics. Performances of don't panic always stop halfway through for Chris to ask the audience to encourage Jonny to sing. This was funny the first time it was done in 2011 but now just comes off as scripted and ridiculous. Ruins the performance.

If they were to play here I would see them out of obligation and enjoy the limited older stuff they would play it just doesn't compare to the set they played at the Phoenix Park in 2008 for example.

Coldplay remind me of the curious case of Benjamin Button. They get less mature both lyrically and sonically as they get older.

I don't know what your expecting dude but FFS they appeared on X Factor, enough said.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

I don't know what your expecting dude but FFS they appeared on X Factor, enough said.

It's a recent development though, that's the sad part but I don't disagree.

If you get a chance watch/listen to live 2003 vs a recent show and see the difference. They were truly amazing when they were younger.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

It's not a recent developement though. It's been going to sh!t since Viva La Vida. I gave them a miss at Glastonbury but by all accounts it was a stellar performance. Even one of my friends who has hated Coldplay since day one and was dragged along by his girlfriend reluctantly admitted that they were brilliant. They are still good live but the new records suck arse bigtime. That 2003 gig is amazing though I agree. Watch their set a Glastonbury in 2002 as well if you haven't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

Glasto gig proved to me they're passed it.

• Advertisement

Glasto wasn't a patch on their Manchester set

Advertisement