Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

GOlf Mk7 : Apple Play and Median in

Options
  • 19-11-2015 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

hi folks, apologies for asking 2 questions in one thread , hope someone can help

1. will apple play be available as a software upgrade for a 2015 Golf that has the discover media with sat nav and the media-in cable or would it have to be retro fitted and if so , anyone, know how much?

2. is anyone else having issue with their media in registering an iphone 6? bought the lightening media in connector but nothing seems to be happening, it seems to be just picking it up for a second and then dropping it, have take case off phone and tried multiple times? very :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭BdaraB

1. Not unless it's a MY16, built from July on I think. They have a bigger screen and different internals, the older units don't meet Apple specifications to run CarPlay. (Easy well to tell is if you have a USB port it's MY16, if you have an MDI connector it's the older unit)

2. All I can suggest here is it an official Apple cable? The lighting cable is very picky.

Advertisement