Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any recommendations for an electronic face cleansing brush?

Options
  • 19-11-2015 5:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭

My skin is very sensitive so I can't use soap or cleansers. I normally wash it with coconut oil but I find I still get blackheads around my nose etc. I was thinking of getting one of those electronic face cleansing brushes to see if it would help to give a deeper clean. I'd love a proper microdermabrasion one but don't have a lot to spend. Is there anything I could get for ~€50 that would be any good?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭GirlatdRockShow

Also have ones coming in tomorrow for 15.99e. Don't know anything about his good they are though.
    I have heard good things about the boots no. 7 one, supposed to be pretty decent and around the 40 mark I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

Hi, I have a clarasonic and to be honest I find it quiet harsh and my skin is not very sensitive. I use a oil or balm like coconut oil or clinque take the day off balm with a hot flannel. I find this much better and kinder to my skin. Maybe have a look into a chemical exfoliant for blackheads,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭womandriver

molly09 wrote: »
    Hi, I have a clarasonic and to be honest I find it quiet harsh and my skin is not very sensitive. I use a oil or balm like coconut oil or clinque take the day off balm with a hot flannel. I find this much better and kinder to my skin. Maybe have a look into a chemical exfoliant for blackheads,

I pop off the outside ring of bristles on my clarisonic and just use the inner part and find this is much gentler on my skin. Maybe try that, it'd be a shame to spend that much on one and not be able to use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I got the Formula Time Defy Radiant Cleanse electronic brush in M&S this week, it came with their toning cleanser. Only bought it as I'd heard great reports, and they were doing 50% off so I got the brush and a full sized cleanser for €17 instead of €34.

Only been using it the last few days but very impressed thus far, my skin feels really clean and polished after using and its gentle on my skin. At €17 its well worth the risk to see if it suits your skin, its a great starting brush.

OT but M&S have really stepped up the quality of their beauty products, everything I've tried recently has been of fab quality and I was spoiled for choice last time I went in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    OT but M&S have really stepped up the quality of their beauty products, everything I've tried recently has been of fab quality and I was spoiled for choice last time I went in.

They're stocking quite a lot of brands, but only Autograph is their own range.

As for the face brush, OP if your skin is that sensitive, I'd probably steer clear of an electronic brush. The risk of aggravating the skin is huge, I know people with far less sensitive skin who have had issues with even the Clarisonic. The No 7 one has had mixed reviews too, one of my friends loved it, another ended up spending the best part of 3 months trying to clear up the redness it left her with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Graceless

OP, would you consider flannels? A lot cheaper and less harsh than brushes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

I've tried flannels but they just don't clean my face well enough. I've never had particularly oily skin but I've been getting more spots etc since I cut back to just using water/coconut oil.

Anyways, I bought the no 7 one in boots yesterday and so far so good, although it is a little scratchy on the high setting so I won't be going overboard with it. My face feels a lot cleaner already though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Craigels

Have you thought about the foreo luna?

You use it twice a day for 1 minute each time. Use it with your cleanser and the vibration helps to Clense deeply into the skin. It's supposed to be much more gentler on the skin and not as harsh as the clarisonic. You can pick one up on offer at the moment from their own website during the black friday sale.

Advertisement