Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overnight Parking - Arrive at 8pm Leave next day at 5pm

Options
  • 19-11-2015 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭

Before ye say it I have searched but any threads I found are either outdated or have very conflicting answers!!

So I'm arriving in Galway tomorrow evening for the first time in a while (used to live there a few years back so know how ruthless the clampers can be, especially around Forster Court/Place/Arus Guire and The Elms!!). I'm hoping to ditch the car somewhere at 8pm and dont want to be up at the crack of dawn to move it the next day, there are a lot of people I want to catch up with!!

If I pay and display on Dyke Rd/Cathedral does that Ticket cover me for the whole of the next day or will I have to purchase the ticket after midnight??

Is there still 24hr Parking in behind the Meyrick if I pay with coin at the barrier, again will I be covered until the following afternoon?? Also how safe is it?? Is the Christmas market starting tomorrow? If so I imagine this car park will be fairly packed.

Looking forward to seeing the people and places that I haven't seen in a while!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Stayed in the Meyrick recently and used the machine in the car park behind it. 6euro for 24hours

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Meemars

Dyke/Road and Cathedral car parks, if you buy the ticket any time after 18.30, will be valid until 18.30 the following day. €4.00

As far as I remember if you pay the day rate in the dyke road/cathedral car park it covers the next day once it's past the "pay and display" hours for the day you arrive. i.e. At 8pm you should be ok for the next day but if you pay the day rate at 5pm you would only be covered up until 6:30 (or what ever time P&d ends) on the day you park.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭RINO87

Paid at 8pm on Friday at Dyke road, car was safe and sound til I picked it up today. Thanks for the info.

Advertisement