Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Gym ( short term )

Options
  • 19-11-2015 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭

Hey everyone

I'll be in Waterford City for work ( about 6/7 weeks) and am looking for a gym

Anyone know if Woodlands Hotel is any good?

I'm looking for something with a free weights area ( squat rack etc)

Cheers!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Alpha Centauri

extensive thread here (cant post links yet)

boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055175393

Not sure about short term gyms, only one i could think of is the 15 for 50 deal in the waterford crystal centre - 15 uses for €50

never used the woodlands myself

Not sure about short term gyms, only one i could think of is the 15 for 50 deal in the waterford crystal centre - 15 uses for €50

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

Good free weights selection in the crystal

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭barraseaclaid

Honest to god if your looking for somewhere on a casual basis check out Waterford warriors the m not sure what happens as regards a play and train kind of setup but for 6/7 months it would be well worth the membership

Best free weights is WWTC (Waterford Weight Training Club) in the northern extension IDA (near the waterford mail centre). its not a commercial gym its a club. Call up and ask to speak to one of the committee members.. they might be able to sort you out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Rockin

Cheers everyone - looking for somewhere as close to the hospital as possible ( or on a bus route )

Thanks for all the tips !

• Registered Users Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Woodlands is only half a mile from the Hospital. Usually the shortest membership is 3 months for €150 I think but it might be worth talking to the manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

Woodlands is a grand Gym, as usual mention your situation to the Manager, they will not turn away business.

Advertisement