Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone unlocking service

Options
  • 19-11-2015 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Would highly recommend NOT using this service whatsoever.

Absolutely terrible experience paid 31.77 to unlock a Samsung phone. After having been told it would take from 1-48 hours from the time it was paid. I waited 48 hours and got no email. I then emailed him twice to which there was no reply. At this stage I rang up and was told there was an "IT problem" and that he didn't know when I would get the unlock code. I emailed <SNIP> a couple more times to get an update, again no reply.

At this stage I just wanted a refund so I rang up and was told that he was away for a full week and that no one else could issue a refund.

Terribly unprofessional business and I have been scammed as I am still waiting to receive a refund.
    <SNIP>

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Mod:
    I'll leave the thread open so the OP can receive advice on dealing with the issue.
    OP, I have removed details of the business and renamed the thread so please do not name them any further.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 KidMeNotA1

Any of the service providers are obliged to unlock your phone when asked. I have had it done. They asked why, & I told them I would be abroad for some time, & wanted to use a local sim. They did it directly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

KidMeNotA1 wrote: »
    Any of the service providers are obliged to unlock your phone when asked. I have had it done. They asked why, & I told them I would be abroad for some time, & wanted to use a local sim. They did it directly.

But you were still under contract presumably? So what was the advantage?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 KidMeNotA1

I have no contract, also have a dual phone, so can use another company in any country. If you are on contract, you are obliged to honour that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement