Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork to Dublin Airport for 11:30am flight ....from JL Tunnel

Options
  • 19-11-2015 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭

as the title says
    Planning to be at the airport by 9:45 next Thursday parked close to T2
    Anybody do it recently
    Heard Dublin Traffic is back to Celtic tiger levels
    Used the air coach recently for an afternoon flight and it was there in 3hrs
    just weighing the options

Time from Jack Lynch Tunnel please thinking 3hrs 30 (6:15am from tunnel) is loads but I know we will meet traffic

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

soundsham wrote: »
    as the title says
    Planning to be at the airport by 9:45 next Thursday parked close to T2
    Anybody do it recently
    Heard Dublin Traffic is back to Celtic tiger levels
    Used the air coach recently for an afternoon flight and it was there in 3hrs
    just weighing the options

Time from Jack Lynch Tunnel please thinking 3hrs 30 (6:15am from tunnel) is loads but I know we will meet traffic

I drive it every Monday (I work at the airport) - Leave Douglas 06:00 I'm at the airport for 9:00am every week unless there's an accident ! - if traffic at the Naas Rd/M50 junction is very bad you can also cut off at the R120 (aerodrome business park) or R136 (kingswood business park) which both take you onto the Lucan Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭whatever76

I'd go slighly earlier TBH ( 30/20 mins) just to give yourself some leeway - gotta remember you are comming into Dublin at peak morning traffic time 7.30/8am ... you'll fly it up to Portloaise and from then it can get unpredicable pending on weather, accidents etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Oh we got the aircoach a few weeks ago now instead of driving and i must say i think tis worth it. Drops you straight at the door, no hassle of parking etc and all that goes.. Went at something like 2 or 3 in the morning and made it in perfect time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

whatever76 wrote: »
    I'd go slighly earlier TBH ( 30/20 mins) just to give yourself some leeway - gotta remember you are comming into Dublin at peak morning traffic time 7.30/8am ... you'll fly it up to Portloaise and from then it can get unpredicable pending on weather, accidents etc.

Ya have driven it plenty just trying to get a reply from someone who's done it recently at those times
    Was thinking tunnel by 6:15 and there 9:30 worst case 10:00
    Leaving plenty for a 11:30 flight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

Thanks for the help and replies
    A later flight by even an hour and the bus would win
    Think the bus is great just don't want to have to get up before 5:30 for a 6am bus

Plan b of driving up wed night after 9pm to swords and sleeping at sisters looks to be the winner
    Just need to tell the babysitter

Thanks again
    Roll on Prague.....
    Tips for Prague next 😉

• Advertisement
Advertisement