Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Friday

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Start laying him you big shower of ****es. Have him in my tracker ages, the day he last won I stuck him up as the time looked right.

Got my tracker email last night and only got paid today and didnt get a chance to post him here or back him til I saw lowsy 7s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Kimbay finally wins after been tipped up a good few times on here..

Decent ride by young McCormack too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Fantastic ride there by Jack Kennedy on Elliot's horse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

ft9 wrote: »

I taught he was panicking a bit turning in but he saved enough for the final furlong so good ride.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,015 ✭✭✭shmeee

ft9 wrote: »

Only seeing result now, some cash for it, had it in a double last night @ 11/4. 10p rule 4 was all. Nice gamble landed on it.

cac253d76000bfd79a594a74928d127f.png

Might aswel jump on the Perfect 10 bandwagon now with some of the winnngs, may wait for a show price at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

As for Caroline Murtagh... holey moley she looks really bad in the saddle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

A good shot of butter she be grand

Well that race was not ran as expected, buster dan dan was happy to sit in behind, training excercise for future hurdle runs I think

7.20 Wolverhampton
    Berlusca 22/1
    Has around 4 lengths to make up on the fav from last run but is 11 pounds better off when you take riders claim into account, should give it a good go

• Advertisement

Golden Heritage ew for me

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Sisyphus Mark II

Perfect 10 beginning to weaken be interesting to see what SP is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

Noble King being backed.

C'mon Perfect T

Way bigger on BF can see it absolutely tanking:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

Have said it before, I know she's only learning and all that, but she is an atrocious jockey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

Has every chance, ran deplorably.

He wouldn't be worth the cost of the envelopes to be honest :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

stinker...only joking

no harm done. keep them coming Francie, your info is better than most on here, they can't all win

Way bigger on BF can see it absolutely tanking:)

Last???

BF disparity plus not strong in ring never lies

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭CorkColin

next time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

Last???

Yes it does, the horse obviously shows more at home Thanks for the info Francie cost you a lot more to put it up than keep your mouth shut

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Money coming for these 3 at Dundalk already...

5.35 Charlies Missile
    6.35 Taglietelle
    8.05 - Perfect Ten

I was on the money with my guess of which horse it was.... :D

Backed all 3 anyways so slightly up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Yes it does, the horse obviously shows more at home Thanks for the info Francie cost you a lot more to put it up than keep your mouth shut

Thanks Francie, no harm in havin a flutter, I had more interest in that race because of it. Next time :)

Dunno about you lads, but I'm putting the house on catchy lass not winning next time out or the time after that lol

Lads don't know what planet your on. The amount of time I've seen gambles like that you can spot them a mile away. Any trainer that was really trying to win race like that wouldn't finish like that. It's called a bookies gamble. Someone knew who was laying on BF. Have to say whenever you get info that's supposedly inside info it's always duff stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,462 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Walkingonmoonbeams at 33-1 in the 8.35

I like it ew too

Everyone's an expert after the event. Where were they before it.

Drifted because those who had it at 12 layed it .
    Horse was eased when it was not going to win. Jockey protected it for another day.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Anyone see loose chips race ? Done me for approx 20k from 6 or 7e bet ! Will throw up screenshot later in work at minute, 7 horses , 5folds/6folds and e/w accum , 6 winners got 1500 ish back so not too bad . Still gutted though!

Anyone see loose chips race ? Done me for approx 20k from 6 or 7e bet ! Will throw up screenshot later in work at minute, 7 horses , 5folds/6folds and e/w accum , 6 winners got 1500 ish back so not too bad . Still gutted though!

Dunno how it lost, gutted for you, looking at the still at the finish I taught he held on

Wexford Opera to turn things around

12-1
    Back it in last. Think it's a great chance here to win

Everyone's an expert after the event. Where were they before it.

Drifted because those who had it at 12 layed it .
    Horse was eased when it was not going to win. Jockey protected it for another day.

I doubt that's why it drifted tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Hard luck. Still a nice return!

• Advertisement

I doubt that's why it drifted tbh.

Takes very lil on BF to move market.
    More likely that a few who had it at bigger prices layed it late on.

Dunno how it lost, gutted for you, looking at the still at the finish I taught he held on

Stop man , It was only 3rd or 4th leg so wasn't that annoyed at the time !Is anyone able to throw up a vine of it wanna commiserate with the lads after work lol.

Takes very lil on BF to move market.
    More likely that a few who had it at bigger prices layed it late on.

Hope your right about Wex, have done it e/w

Political Policy.
    Ironic that.

Really liked it when it came 2nd in my accumulator two weeks back.

Sick still happy enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

Yep, was on loose chips too in a trixie. He hung something dreadful with about 100 yards to go, let the old timer get back at him. I haven't seen the photo but it looked like he was nose down on the bob and had it. Not to be though.

Sick still happy enough.

Sorry not too savvy with the auld technology.Bet was 20c 5 folds , 20c 6 folds and 45c e/w accum,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

Sorry not too savvy with the auld technology.Bet was 20c 5 folds , 20c 6 folds and 45c e/w accum,

Gutted for you Fuzzy. Still, red hot with those selections.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

tipptom wrote: »
    Put my bet on early this morning so didn't get on Francis one but I am still happy with my bet on Coach Bombay,Harley gave it a stink of a ride at Wolverhampton.
    Got the jump out in front like he needs,made the running and then inexplicably 5 furlongs out pulled him back to third place.

Think Hatch hall is a great bet in the next despite the weight and then Settle for Red to finish off my perfect night,maybe!
    Had a good bet on hatch hall and had settle for red at 11/4 this morning.

Watch Coach Bombay next time for the Christmas box.

• Advertisement

Anyone have a vine of the finish of this race ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Anyone have a vine of the finish of this race ??

Don't do it to yourself man. :(

Not sure how he lost that race.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Last???

that's how I see it also, rarely a good sign

thanks for posting francie, I'd rather have the info anyway and when these win its a nice surprise and if not then it's just a tenner down the drain for me
    how this runs next time out will be very interesting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

live pictures from outside Francie's house ;)

tumblr_inline_n6p8vhQX0R1sbrjwg.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

live pictures from outside Francie's house ;)

tumblr_inline_n6p8vhQX0R1sbrjwg.jpg

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Unfortunately many of the "serious gambles" posted here end up drifting and running like they were never trying a yard. I'm not criticising, we are all able to ignore if we wish, just interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Lads don't know what planet your on. The amount of time I've seen gambles like that you can spot them a mile away. Any trainer that was really trying to win race like that wouldn't finish like that. It's called a bookies gamble. Someone knew who was laying on BF. Have to say whenever you get info that's supposedly inside info it's always duff stuff.
    It was not a bookies gamble. I know one of the people in the syndicate who is leasing the horse. He personally had a four figure sum on the horse (he split his stake several ways and had me put 500 on it alone so I know the punt was genuine).

I don't understand the mentality with some people here. I think we are all old enough (I wont say sensible!) to decide whether or not to back a tip.

I've won a few quid here thanks to tips not only from Francie but others here too. I've also lost money. Its my money and I understand the risks. The questioning of tips shouldn't be a factor win or loose.

What's that Francie? Stick my hand in the fire you say....? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭idnkph

Iv followed plenty of "tips" on here from francie and co.
    A tip is a tip. Take it or leave it.
    I personally take the tips from 3 or 4 lads here seriously as they have proven quite a few times that they are coming with good info and not from a lad that said he got a tip at work.
    I can't pick me nose these days so appreciate any info with a bit of weight behind it. Francie is a trustworthy punter and I owe him a few pints for his tips and picks over the last 12 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 559 ✭✭✭knighted

Lads, there's a serious gamble going on a horse tomorrow. I was handed one of many envelopes this evening and sent to a bookie to get on. Huge sums going onto this one. Will reveal the bet first thing tomorrow morning if anyone's interested.

Ok
    ive been involved in horse racing as an owner

The absolute worst tipsters you can listen to are owners ,part owners , friends of owners and leaseholders
    when u sign the forms for hri and the turf club they actually post you a pair of rose tinted glasses .........free

you are automactically a so called big man

giving envelopes to your friends to get on for a 4 figure sum just makes you a knob
    thats a fact .........
    Rails bookies will take a few grand ,even in dundalk so no need to spead the bets around

Brt ur man feels thick after after losing upwards of 2.5 grand on a leaseheld horse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

It was not a bookies gamble. I know one of the people in the syndicate who is leasing the horse. He personally had a four figure sum on the horse (he split his stake several ways and had me put 500 on it alone so I know the punt was genuine).
    As an aside,did you put the 500 on in one lump as I went in to Boyles the other morning and wanted to put 100 ew on a horse at 16s,so I put 50 ew on and went in about an hour later with the other 50ew and she grabbed the phone stright away and spent an age in the back office!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement