Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to buy a barbell w/ plates

Options
  • 19-11-2015 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

I'm very new to this, looking to buy a squat rack, bench, a barbell + weights (Was thinking 100-150kg set?).

The only set of weights I've found so far that seems good is this one, http://www.irish-lifting.com/140kg-olympic-set-pe-259.html, was going to go for the iron one as it's the cheapest if I get that. Does anyone know if there are better deals elsewhere?

Also, I'd be fine with buying second-hand if it's in good condition.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭Frogdog

I recently bought a squat rack and bench from Odin Gym Equipment - check them out on their Facebook page. From time to time they run special offers and sales.

As for a bar and weights, I bought mine recently from D8 Fitness (google their website). They have a starter set which includes a 20kg bar and 150kg of colour-coded bumper plates.

As for the link you posted, I think those guys have gotten a lot of poor reviews recently enough. Years ago they used to be decent I believe, under different ownership. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not 100% on this.

Advertisement