Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trinity VS UCD Business

Options
  • 19-11-2015 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm a 6th year student and looking to do a business course in one of either TCD or UCD. I have my eye on quantitative business (economics and finance) in UCD and maybe BESS in Trinity, since I don't want to do law and business or business and a language in Trinity.

My problem is that I really like TCD as a college, its proximity to where I live, and obviously it is more known worldwide. However, I feel that the UCD business courses are much more specific, and quantitative business looks quite interesting.

So if anyone has any advice on which option sounds better, or which college would be better in general , help will be much appreciated! Also, would be going to UCD instead of Trinity be more advantageous with regards to going abroad after college?

Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭ucdperson

Trinity is of course better known by tourists, but UCD Business School has triple accreditation and is the only US AACSB accredited school on the island of Ireland, I suspect this may be more influential with international employers than the Book of Kells.

However Quantitative Business and BESS are not the same thing, quite apart from the universities involved. As their names suggest one is strongly mathematical and the other relates substantial to social science. So I think you have a more important decision as to what type of course you want to do.

Advertisement