Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Offline Javascript IDE for codeforces

Options
  • 20-11-2015 12:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭

I am doing a coding competition with kids in my school. They only know Javascript and the competition is run on codeforces.

The competition requires inputs through stdin. The only thing I found for the kids to develop solutions on is ideone.com as this allows javascript and provides stdin.

Is there an offline equivalent for ideone for quick and easy testing of javascript code (v8).

Looking at node.js etc all very confusing looking for something simple.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭bpmurray

AFAIK codeforces is pretty advanced: if you don't know what you're doing, it's not really where you should be!

Anyway, if the kids really are good enough, just install rhino and use that - it's what ideone uses anyway for javascript.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 GaryM

Node is fine for what you want to achieve. You just need to run it from the command line (make sure its in your path):

c:\node myprogram.js

You could you notepad++ or sublime text for editing.

Advertisement