Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stray kittens

• 20-11-2015 3:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭

I have 5 pet cats. All spayed/neutered healthy adults. 3 of them are on the sofa with me now, one is on my bed, the other one went outside earlier and retreated to the shed.

I always leave some catfood in a dish in the shed because we have a feral tom who visits regularly, can't get close to him, he just runs away. That's ok he's been visiting here for years and most welcome. We have a hole in the wall so all the cats can go in and out, and cat beds as they like to sleep there sometimes.

But last night I saw 2 kittens in the shed. Probably about 10 weeks old, healthy, but very wild. I don't know where they came from.

Dilemma - I don't know what to do. I can't catch them because they are wild. I'm afraid they might have kittens themselves if I don't take action. If I contact a 'rescue' I'm afraid they might be put to sleep as they are very wild and not pet material.

So what can I do? Nothing, and hope for the best? Or get someone out to trap them and take them away? I want the best for them. They're gorgeous little things.

Any advice would be welcome

Fluffy Cat.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

Where are you? A real rescue won't put them down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Where are you based, we can pm you rescue suggestions. Rescues won't put them down unless they are very ill and suffering. At 10 weeks there's still a chance they can be tamed somewhat by an experienced fosterer. You'll probably need to get the loan of a cat trap to catch them first, most rescues have these.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭Fluffy Cat 88

Oddly they aren't there tonight, it's very cold out tonight. I hope they're ok.

There are a few rescues in the area, I'll contact one of them if they turn up again. Someone in work suggested a "trap-neuter-release" which sounds good to me. They can be released here and stay around if they choose. They'll have plenty of food and shelter here.

My husband (who is here all the time) is going to try to coax them over to him and hopefully handle them, he's very patient and has plenty of time (he's a crazy cat man - I'm blessed).

Thanks for the helpful replies.

Fluffy Cat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

Let us know how it goes. And thank you for looking after these little ones t09022.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭Fluffy Cat 88

Update:

The kittens are back! Husband actually managed to coax one over for a rub! Should be able to load him up and get him to a vet for the snip soon if he sticks around. :D

Hopefully the other one will follow suit!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭seamusk84

Any update on the kittens?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I don't know where you're located but if you need a trap you can pm me as we have one. We also have a crate that you can use if you want to get them done and if they need to be in for a day or two after. Fair play to you for looking out for them. I'd agree TNR sounds like a good idea, but if they can be socialized, re-homing might work also :)

Advertisement