Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ITB training

Options
  • 20-11-2015 8:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭

47% bf, 260lb,
    Thurs 19th
    1 st session pucked after 15 minutes warm up
    Managed 45 more mins.

Edit, forgot to add goals, i'm 6'2" and broad shouldered, in the right tee shirt, you'd not know i'm about 4 or 5 stone overweight.

So main priority, loose the excess belly, hip, neck, cheek weight, improve fitness levels.
    Short term goal, capable of running/cycling for more than 15 min without the risk of heart attack.
    Medium term goal goal, 2017 Art O Neill challenge.
    Long term goal, higher energy levels, not be fatigued all of the time, keep up with my 1 & 2 yr olds.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Welcome and good luck with the training and log

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Baggirshorts

47% bf, 260lb,
    Thurs 19th
    1 st session pucked after 15 minutes warm up
    Managed 45 more mins.

Take it nice and easy and the best of luck to you. It's never easy starting out running....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

Fri20th

Breakfast, 2 bolied eggs with 1 brown bread

Dinner, sirlion steak & veg

90 min walk/jog/crawl.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

Often people forget to get enough sleep and drink enough water when they are making a change. Going to bed the same time ever night, and drinking more than 3 lts of water a day will help a lot too.

Any lunch? missing meals slows down your metabolism. Even if its some fruit for lunch you need to eat something then as its not sustainable.

Also first day 45 mins, second day 90 mins ... is not sustainable. If you are only starting off then every 2nd day for the first few weeks makes more sense.

If you want some help and guidance drop me a PM as I went through something similar back about 5 years ago.

rom wrote: »
    Often people forget to get enough sleep and drink enough water when they are making a change. Going to bed the same time ever night, and drinking more than 3 lts of water a day will help a lot too.
    Any lunch? missing meals slows down your metabolism. Even if its some fruit for lunch you need to eat something then as its not sustainable.

Steak was at 1. Tea will be a vegetarian stir fry.
    Also first day 45 mins, second day 90 mins ... is not sustainable. If you are only starting off then every 2nd day for the first few weeks makes more sense.
    Day one (and every tues, thurs and sat from now) was mentored circuit training.
    Breaking that up with cardio (cycle/walk/jog) on Mon, Wed and Fri
    If you want some help and guidance drop me a PM as I went through something similar back about 5 years ago.
    Thanks for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Best of luck, you're in the right place.

Got through the 60 min ct unscathed..

Breakfast, 2 boiled eggs on brown
    11s' couple of handful seeds/nuts
    Lunch, fruit salad
    Dinner chicken & veg stir fry.

taking a day off today, so just going for a gentle cycle from Malahide to Portmarnock and back....

Menu similar yesterday, beef instead of chicken stir fry, and salmon with greens for lunch

Monday; Eggs, nuts/seeds, roast chicken & root veg.

In car all day, so just 30 min ct

Today; eggs on brown, chicken & veg, chicken breast.

60 min ct

Wednesday, usual diet, malahide to portmarnock and back @ 5kph

Thursday, 60 min ct

One week down, general energy level much higher, better mood all round.

• Advertisement

Decided to go with weekly updates..

Stayed on diet, cardio much easier after two weeks, 4lb down, ct going well.

Advertisement