Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Treats?!

• 20-11-2015 9:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭

Hi, I am ordering dog food and a few bits from Amazon. Want to add some healthy treats/chews for the yorkies. Which ones would you recommend that aren't full of cereals? I feed them TOTW so don't want to fill them with crap in their treats.

Tried to find some without cereals as the first ingredient in SuperValu lately and had no luck.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

toadfly wrote: »
    Hi, I am ordering dog food and a few bits from Amazon. Want to add some healthy treats/chews for the yorkies. Which ones would you recommend that aren't full of cereals? I feed them TOTW so don't want to fill them with crap in their treats.

Tried to find some without cereals as the first ingredient in SuperValu lately and had no luck.

Thanks.

I feed my guy TOTW also...i feed him a mixture of a little TOTW and boiled veg every day. Have you considered feeding them raw veg?

Here's a list of the following treats I give my guy:
    Sugar Snap peas
    Mangetout
    Slices Red Peppers
    Slices of cucumber
    Carrots sticks (i have to boil these a little he wont eat then totally raw)

once per week a tin of sardines in oil

Once per week a raw egg whisked in

Best of luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,054 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Pet Munchies FTW :D Although I see they stock loads of Ziwipeak stuff now so may get some for a treat with my next order.. which is never too far away lol! I've gotten venison sticks before and Teddy and Lu stuff which they also have from time to time along with Pet Munchies in TK Maxx. I got a One4All voucher a while ago and spent it all in TKMaxx on dog treats lol! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Pretzill

cocker5 wrote: »
    I feed my guy TOTW also...i feed him a mixture of a little TOTW and boiled veg every day. Have you considered feeding them raw veg?

Here's a list of the following treats I give my guy:
    Sugar Snap peas
    Mangetout
    Slices Red Peppers
    Slices of cucumber
    Carrots sticks (i have to boil these a little he wont eat then totally raw)

once per week a tin of sardines in oil

Once per week a raw egg whisked in

Best of luck

Your list of treats are almost identical to mine - even the once a week sardines and an egg - to add to list my two love a pineapple lollipop - pineapple sliced into fingers and frozen and I also freeze natural yogurt with shredded carrots or other veg into an icecube tray - they love them too - although mostly in summertime!

Pretzill wrote: »
    I also freeze natural yogurt with shredded carrots or other veg into an icecube tray - they love them too - although mostly in summertime!

The shame - I got these last month..

Pretzill wrote: »
    Your list of treats are almost identical to mine - even the once a week sardines and an egg - to add to list my two love a pineapple lollipop - pineapple sliced into fingers and frozen and I also freeze natural yogurt with shredded carrots or other veg into an icecube tray - they love them too - although mostly in summertime!

Excellent idea!! must try that out!!

Thanks!!

:D

My guy also get some salmon oil and luposan pellets in his food each day for his joints and coat....as he is nearly 11 :(... and now hes getting Canident each day - finding it excellent for the plaque build up... its nearly all gone after two weeks of using!

I look after him better than i do myself!!! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

and now hes getting Canident each day - finding it excellent for the plaque build up... its nearly all gone after two weeks of using!

I look after him better than i do myself!!! :rolleyes:

I found it useless for Lucy - the plaque got worse! Plaque-off works better for her and is much better value - i think one scoop of canident was 7 scoops of plaque off and I was giving 2 of PO a day to her compared to 3 of canident!

I got my money back but have an unopened bag which you're welcome to if you want me to post it?;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭irishlady29

I treat my dogs with raw carrots. They go mad for them.

tk123 wrote: »
    I found it useless for Lucy - the plaque got worse! Plaque-off works better for her and is much better value - i think one scoop of canident was 7 scoops of plaque off and I was giving 2 of PO a day to her compared to 3 of canident!

I got my money back but have an unopened bag which you're welcome to if you want me to post it?;)

your very good to offer tk123 i couldn't do that :p.... but thanks anyway your very kind

your very good to offer tk123 i couldn't do that :p.... but thanks anyway your very kind

Seriously take it - it's just sitting on a shelf!! They just refunded me under their 90 day guarantee and didn't want it back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

I havent bought it in a while, but SUPERVALU had a bag of their own brand 100% dried chicken breast strips. My dogs adored them. They werent too expensive either

(my dogs look at me with that HUH?!? look on their faces when I offer them a carrot! :o)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Vancity

I give mine baby carrots (raw), freeze dried chicken or turkey bits, dehydrated chicken necks (she LOVES those!), peanut butter stuffed in a kong and frozen or cubed roasted sweet potatoes.

Advertisement