Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WRC, ERC, National rallying 2016 - News & Chat

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Colser wrote: »
    Thanks h3000. Im thinking rallycross as all the irish Rallies and a few abroad will be attended anyway. I might ring a few travel agents tomorrow and check it out,would just prefer to go on an organised trip rather than booking flights accomadation myself. Maybe Isle of Mann?

For WorldRX I'd book everything myself if I was you, flights - transportation to venue - events tickets. Here is tha calendar http://www.fiaworldrallycross.com/calendar

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

Craig Breen takes Circuit Of Ireland win to make it two in a row. The guy has or at least had an awful lot of naysayers but I think he has proven that he is incredibly quick and deserves all the chances he has gotten in rallying.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭mjhickeyie

h3000 wrote: »
    Craig Breen takes Circuit Of Ireland win to make it two in a row. The guy has or at least had an awful lot of naysayers but I think he has proven that he is incredibly quick and deserves all the chances he has gotten in rallying.

Great result for Craig. Very quick when he needed to be all weekend.
    Ya, he definitely seems to be taking his chances.

Hopefully bigger things to come from him in WRC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭mr potato head

The last stage from rally Argentina (Stage 18, power stage) is well worth a watch if you have WRC+ or can find it somewhere.
    Great to see Hayden Paddon driving a phenomenal last stage to beat Ogier in a even fight.
    To win a stage by that much and under the pressure of your first win shows a good bit of class!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Craig Breen taking on Glendun and the infamous Torr Road stage of this years COI. (Torr starts at 8:18).
    :cool:

The last stage from rally Argentina (Stage 18, power stage) is well worth a watch if you have WRC+ or can find it somewhere.
    Great to see Hayden Paddon driving a phenomenal last stage to beat Ogier in a even fight.
    To win a stage by that much and under the pressure of your first win shows a good bit of class!

I didn't get to follow much of the rally this weekend but it sounds like Paddon drove great.

I heard Latvala was blaming a suspension failure for his off. Have VW said much about this or is he looking for something else to blame than himself? I really wish he could get his head together because I really think he is a top driver.

I heard Latvala was blaming a suspension failure for his off. Have VW said much about this or is he looking for something else to blame than himself? I really wish he could get his head together because I really think he is a top driver.

Latvala saying the right front strut came through bonnet just before the off according to wrc.com.
    There's good footage from the helicopter and it just looks like he was too fast & lost the rear but you can't see the right front.
    Haven't read anything from VW.

If he could finally get his head right I think he could consistently give Ogier a battle but doubting that will ever happen now?

Definitly suspension failure from the onboard cam:

2016-04-25%2019_36_32-WRC%2B%20_%20DAY%202%20HIGHLIGHTS_%20YPF%20Rally%20Argentina%202016.png

It was a fairly hard impact on a big flat bit of exposed rock, looks like it sheared the suspension top mount at the bolt flanges.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭jelutong

Rally Of The Lakes highlights on UTV NI tonight @ 23:10.

• Advertisement

Does anyone else find it disappointing that Kris Meeke and Paul Nagle had a fantastic win in Portugal and there was next to nothing in the Irish media.

Great rally from the pair, 2017 could be a great year if they get the new spec car dialed in.

Does anyone else find it disappointing that Kris Meeke and Paul Nagle had a fantastic win in Portugal and there was next to nothing in the Irish media.

Great rally from the pair, 2017 could be a great year if they get the new spec car dialed in.
    autosport wrote:
    VW says wildcard winners like Meeke or Loeb 'devalue' WRC
    http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/124449

I was thinking sore loser at first but thinking about it again he does have a point.

There are a few drivers and navis debating it on Twitter at the moment with Colin Clark @voiceofrally

My favorite so far is
    https://twitter.com/thierryneuville/status/735005853879783424

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 335 ✭✭ratedR

Lads,

Have motors tv stopped showing nightly highlights of the WRC?
    And what about ITV4? They used to do an hour long program of a Tuesday after a rally weekend, is that gone too?

Is the only option BT Sports now ?

Jesus ****, talk about making the sport inaccessible..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,933 ✭✭✭kksaints

Channel 5 has hour highlights on the Monday after the Rally.

ratedR wrote: »
    Lads,

And what about ITV4? They used to do an hour long program of a Tuesday after a rally weekend, is that gone too?

It's repeated on channel 5 +24 at 7pm Wednesday.

A great performance from Meeke all weekend. He made the most of current rules and did so in a very confident way.

Qualifying is probably the fairest way to deal with road cleaning.

• Advertisement

mjhickeyie wrote: »
    Qualifying is probably the fairest way to deal with road cleaning.

I also liked a suggestion on twitter that the power stage from the previous event be used as the qualification.
    But I know that would cause problems of it's own.

It's repeated on channel 5 +24 at 7pm Wednesday.

It's on Spike @ 9 am Saturday .

Mark Higgins done a 126.9mph lap of the Isle Of Man TT course in a highly modded STI WRX. Thats crazy quick.

https://twitter.com/Mhigginsrally/status/739174395822936064

Mark Higgins done a 126.9mph lap of the Isle Of Man TT course in a highly modded STI WRX. Thats crazy quick

Mental!

What's the record on a bike?

Mark Higgins done a 126.9mph lap of the Isle Of Man TT course in a highly modded STI WRX. Thats crazy quick

Mental!

What's the record on a bike?
    Michael Dunlop broke that record too yesterday with a lap of 133.39mph.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Any sign of an onboard of that lap? At this stage Higgins should aim for a blindfold lap record.

ratedR wrote: »
    Lads,

Highlights of Rally Sardinia on Motor TV over next weekend.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I cannot recommend a WRC+ subscription highly enough. I was a bit sceptical last season signing up but was sufficiently pissed off with the inaccessibility of TV coverage.

Worth it alone for the live stages and you get the highlights as soon as possible.

Robbo wrote: »
    Any sign of an onboard of that lap? At this stage Higgins should aim for a blindfold lap record.
    This is the only real vid I can see so far.

I cannot recommend a WRC+ subscription highly enough. I was a bit sceptical last season signing up but was sufficiently pissed off with the inaccessibility of TV coverage.

Worth it alone for the live stages and you get the highlights as soon as possible.
    +1

Full video now

Chris Meeke currently in 1st place overall and Craig Breen in 3rd in Rally Finland.
    Fingers crossed.

jelutong wrote: »
    Chris Meeke currently in 1st place overall and Craig Breen in 3rd in Rally Finland.
    Fingers crossed.

HaHa you just beat me too it. Great showing from the two boys. Let's hope they can keep it together.

jelutong wrote: »
    Fingers crossed.

It's great. I never thought I'd see 2 Irish guys on the podium in Finland of all places.

Meeke awesome on ouninpohja.
    Hopefully they can keep it going.

34 more stage kilometres for the boys tomorrow. Fingers crossed we will see them both on the podium.

Breen just got his first WRC stage win and has 7.9 seconds back to Neuville with the power stage to go. Fingers and toes crossed. Kris is way out in front and just needs to bring it home. The power stage goes live at 11:08gmt

• Advertisement

Breen just got his first WRC stage win and has 7.9 seconds back to Neuville with the power stage to go. Fingers and toes crossed. Kris is way out in front and just needs to bring it home. The power stage goes live at 11:08gmt

Perfect time to get his first stage win.

Can't wait for power stage!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

3rd place for Breen.

In tears at the end.

One for Jaffa.

Victory for Meeke and Nagle.

Breen waiting at the line for him.

Brilliant!

The WRC need to hire this video maker. His videos are excellent.

Rally China has been cancelled due to poor road conditions after heavy rains

http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/august-2016/rally-china/page/3810--12-12-.html

Stefan Lefebvre has had what seems to have been a massive off in SS10 of Rally Germany. They are reported to be injured but ok. Apparently they were stuck in the car for a while. Fingers crossed they will be okay.

Seems to be a very dangerous rally. Doubtful that crews enjoy it very much.

• Advertisement

Seems to have been a real big one. Both lads seem to have fractures and some internal injuries but thankfully non life threatening.
    Official update here http://www.adac-rallye-deutschland.de/uk/artikel/update-incident-during-the-rally-the-driver-and-co-driver-of-car-number-10-were-taken-to-hospital-and-examined-230874

All rallying can be dangerous but Panzerplatte is a particularly nasty stage when things go wrong.

Did they hit one of those hinkelstein things?

Did they hit one of those hinkelstein things?

Not too sure but it was the Panzerplatte stage.

Not too sure but it was the Panzerplatte stage.

Jari Matti (second to arrive at the crash site) thinks Lefevbre's suspension broke on a right hander and they hit the trees.

Jari Matti (second to arrive at the crash site) thinks Lefevbre's suspension broke on a right hander and they hit the trees.

Oh right. I've been trying to follow the rally today but my two year old has other ideas. Delacour had a similar accident in the Lancer in Australia.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Can anyone here tell me where the stages for Galway summer rally are this year..I can only find entry list online?

Colser wrote: »
    Can anyone here tell me where the stages for Galway summer rally are this year..I can only find entry list online?

Rally HQ Is in Gort so the stages should be in that ish area. As for the stages themselves you should pick up a rally programme.

The official WRC YouTube channel has a video of the lead up to the crash. He went wide coming out of a cut on a right hand bend. He then hit a number of hinkelstein and went into the trees. Thankfully the seem to be okay all things considered. It was a big one.

Good rally. Just a 1/10th of a second between second and third overall.

• Advertisement
Advertisement