Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Could Real Madrid sell Ronaldo?

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

Billy86 wrote: »
    Yes I do...

Strange then, that you cannot show anything of Muller or RVN doing what Ronaldo does. Oh, and by the way...

Also, Muller broke 50 goals in a season just twice in his career. Ronaldo has exceeded that number for the last five straight seasons.

If you remember then surely why are you pushing the point? Merely trying to deflect to a side point so as to not discuss Ronaldo's average performances in open play. Even if what you say is true, and Ronaldo's "game" is different/better to Mullers because he scored "all types of goals like headers and long shots" and you linked a clip of him beating a man, how does it prove Ronaldo's game is anywhere close to the level of Maradona or any of the top tier players which is the point? And you want an assist reel from the 70's of a goal scorer who's scored over 1,000 goals? How do you propose I'd find that exactly? So you're saying he never beat a man himself or gave assists because there's only goal compilations from the 70's of Muller as no one has trawled through every game in the 70's when the technology became available to edit on a home pc? Wanna link to Berbatov "doing what Ronaldo does"? Surely then that will prove he's also up there with Maradona to follow on from the logic. Also, where are these critically lauded performances from Ronaldo last year where he ran the show, since your obviously trying to argue he has the attributes to do it, since you're so hung up on proving he has this side to his game while Muller hasn't, which is why he's rated ahead of other more prolific goal scorers?

Ye twice is right. One season nearly 20 goals over his amount of appearances. When has Ronaldo ever been that prolific? Lets not forget teams were playing an average of 10 less games a season . Or that he was playing in a league where the disparity in quality and money isn't anything like it is today in La Liga, where there was a whole host of top German clubs at around the same level.

What is this debate all about in a nutshell?

That Ronaldo will never be at the same level as Maradona, Cruyff etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

That Ronaldo will never be at the same level as Maradona, Cruyff etc

Pointless argument.

Its all personal opinions. If people think Ronaldo is better or as good as Maradona, Cruyff etc then its up to them.

My personal opinion is Ronaldo will go down in history as one of the greats.

But I also think he was or never will be on the same level as Messi, Maradona, Pele, Best, or even the Brazilian Ronaldo.

I've always thought Ronaldo is a fantastic player but I could never see him doing what the likes of Beckham, Luis Figo, Ryan Giggs did as they got older and play in a creative central midfield role as opposed to being a winger.

Pointless argument.

Its all personal opinions. If people think Ronaldo is better or as good as Maradona, Cruyff etc then its up to them.

My personal opinion is Ronaldo will go down in history as one of the greats.

But I also think he was or never will be on the same level as Messi, Maradona, Pele, Best, or even the Brazilian Ronaldo.

I've always thought Ronaldo is a fantastic player but I could never see him doing what the likes of Beckham, Luis Figo, Ryan Giggs did as they got older and play in a creative central midfield role as opposed to being a winger.

Pretty much what I've been saying. He's one of the greatest of all time at what he does, score goals. But doesn't have what it takes to be on a pedestal with your Maradona's, Messi's, Best's and Cryuff's. Doesn't have the creative ability to refine his game either like some of the second lot you mentioned when the goals dry up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

From what I can gather, to be an all time great you have to be a number 10. Yeah?

Xavi and Pirlo now apparently weren't up to much before Golden Miller watched football but Cruyff etc. are untouchable. Xavi is probably 3rd best after Messi and Ronaldo in the last 10 or so years bar maybe Iniesta.

Liam O wrote: »
    Xavi is probably 3rd best after Messi and Ronaldo in the last 10 or so years bar maybe Iniesta.

In my opinion Ronaldinho would be up there ahead of Xavi or Ronaldo. Its only 10 years ago since he won the Ballon Dor in 05 and was an important part of Barcelona winning the Champions league in over a decade in the 05/06 season.

Zidane was still playing at the time also.

In my opinion Ronaldinho would be up there ahead of Xavi or Ronaldo. Its only 10 years ago since he won the Ballon Dor in 05 and was an important part of Barcelona winning the Champions league in over a decade in the 05/06 season.

Zidane was still playing at the time also.

With the thread threatening to go off topic I will say that Ronaldinho is probably my favourite player to have watched in my lifetime.

However, Xavi has achieved so much more than him and should rightly be remembered in higher esteem. The Ronaldinho roadshow that has been going on for a good while now is embarrassing and makes you wonder about what could have been if he was managed better.

Them both being the same age tells you all you need to know about their careers. Ronaldo has also achieved far more than Ronaldinho and still has a few years in the tank too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭death1234567

Liam O wrote: »
    The Ronaldinho roadshow that has been going on for a good while now is embarrassing and makes you wonder about what could have been if he was managed better.
    It's nothing to do with how he is/was being managed. It's to do with Ronaldinho himself. He's a party-boy who isn't really bothered about football and essentially packed it in after he won the CL.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Pretty much what I've been saying. He's one of the greatest of all time at what he does, score goals. But doesn't have what it takes to be on a pedestal with your Maradona's, Messi's, Best's and Cryuff's. Doesn't have the creative ability to refine his game either like some of the second lot you mentioned when the goals dry up

You havnt seen 3 of them 4 play you said but you think Ronaldo is nowhere near their level!

I really don't know anymore..

Ronaldo is/has been in the best 2 in the World at the 2 main parts of the game scoring and setting up goals this 10 years nearly.

Ive asked before and you never answered. Are you a ABU?

• Advertisement

It's nothing to do with how he is/was being managed. It's to do with Ronaldinho himself. He's a party-boy who isn't really bothered about football and essentially packed it in after he won the CL.

That's surely a lot to do with how he was managed?

You havnt seen 3 of them 4 play you said but you think Ronaldo is nowhere near their level!

I really don't know anymore..

Ronaldo is/has been in the best 2 in the World at the 2 main parts of the game scoring and setting up goals this 10 years nearly.

Ive asked before and you never answered. Are you a ABU?

He is quoting me and I'm a United fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Rafa will be gone long before that player goes.

Too much money involved, salary, shirt sales etc.

Real Madrid have called a press conference for 6:30pm today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Probably to address how wrong golden miller is, it has gotten that ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Rafa to see out the season,Madrid to pay off Klopps contract and Rafa back to Merseyside.
    Ronaldo back to United would be the romantic thing but for the money involved I'd rather they went for somebody else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Muff_Daddy

Are Rafa and Liverpool Real done??

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,055 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Stay of execution for Rafa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,745 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Milan[23]

Liverpool[23]
    GK 1 Brazil Dida
    RB 2 Brazil Cafu
    CB 31 Netherlands Jaap Stam
    CB 13 Italy Alessandro Nesta
    LB 3 Italy Paolo Maldini (c)
    DM 21 Italy Andrea Pirlo
    RM 8 Italy Gennaro Gattuso
    LM 20 Netherlands Clarence Seedorf
    AM 22 Brazil Kaká
    CF 7 Ukraine Andriy Shevchenko
    CF 11 Argentina Hernán Crespo

Yeah Kaka must have carried that lot of average players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I kinda wish Rafa did not take the job.

Say what ya like, but he been a very successful manager whereever he went, previous, but plays a brand that was always going to be against him

The booing of Ronaldo at weekend was last straw for me. I always liked Real and Barca to watch as they always had players I would love to see, but Real fans in particular don't deserve it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Holy Jesus, the Golden Miller strikes again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I have it on good authority that Ronaldo once ignored the Golden Miller's requests for an autograph, thus igniting a hatred that will burn throughout the ages and manifests in deluded ramblings on an irish message board.

Ronaldo was told about this once, but he then forgot about it almost immediately.

I have it on good authority that Ronaldo once ignored the Golden Miller's requests for an autograph, thus igniting a hatred that will burn throughout the ages and manifests in deluded ramblings on an irish message board.

Ronaldo was told about this once, but he then forgot about it almost immediately.

Chinese whispers. He was asking for my autograph

Advertisement