Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Watford v Manchester United Sat 21th 12:45

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,592 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Feck, thought this was a 3pm :o

Great to nick the 3 points but shame about the injuries. Starting to mount up now :(

Still, top of the table :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac:

Scrap the cap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Top of the table?

Not good enough, LVG out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Unearthly wrote: »
    It was a very boring goal from a very poor player who is living off his reputation

In all fairness, Schweinsteiger was awful today. He was the only reason Watford were getting meaningful possession in the first half.

• SantryRed wrote: »
    In all fairness, Schweinsteiger was awful today. He was the only reason Watford were getting meaningful possession in the first half.
    No he wasn't

He's the player that took the game by the scruff of the neck at the end and got us the win

That's why he is in the team IMO pure experience and a winner

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    No he wasn't

Yes he was. The position he plays, he needs to be very careful with the ball. He wasn't in the slightest today. I'd say there was at least 4 times he gave it away in bad positions, with the whole rest of the midfield advanced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Juan8

SantryRed wrote: »

Lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Unearthly wrote: »
    It was a very boring goal from a very poor player who is living off his reputation

But OG has been a loyal servant to us over the years.:p

Juan8 wrote: »
    Lol

Fantastic contribution, well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

This thread needs scousers...........oh wait,we won.

Runs and hides,I've to go drinking with a load of them at 5.30.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

zerks wrote: »
    This thread needs scousers...........oh wait,we won.

Runs and hides,I've to go drinking with a load of them at 5.30.:(

Well if they win or draw the do us a favour

If they lose well fuck em they're liverpool

Either way you will enjoy your pint

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Schweinsteiger was guilty of holding onto the ball a bit longer than he should have on a number of occasions but he did plenty of good out there today. An ok performance, certainly wouldn't blame him for letting Watford back into it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Looked to me like a poor display from United.
    Noticeably Schweini, Mata, Rojo and Lingard.
    But nobody was particularly fantastic.

The main reason United won, and not Watford, was some top saves from de Gea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,850 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Thought Bastain gave it away more then normal but in saying that, when he went to look for a pass the players around him didn't make much of an effort to make themselves available and in space, in the end he was trying risky passes when he was being pressed and it didn't always come off. I thought overall he was one of our better performers. Lingard was very disappointing but he is young and will learn.

I'm worried about this injury crisis though as I was when I saw the squad going into the season. Can't help but feel LVG underestimated the attritional aspect of the PL well not only the PL but fighting on four fronts in a very competitive league also. Would hope there is a few quid made available in January to pick up one or two players even on loan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

The main reason United won, and not Watford, was some top saves from de Gea

The main reason was actually the 2 goals they scored. If De Gea happens to concede one of those few efforts that were mostly hit straight at him then what is stopping United from upping their game like they did after the penalty only earlier?

De Gea wasn't the difference, United were the stronger team overall with the better players which proved to be enough.

Advertisement