Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wahoo Kickr - did you know

Options
  • 20-11-2015 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭

Did you know that if you do stuff on your Kickr via any Wahoo app they get the data of it?

I was onto them about something, they asked for the serial, and then they went over what I had been doing recently and asked me to do another spindown and they'd see that too...........
    I asked them to confirm that they get telemetry from the units and they did!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭EC1000

Would you recommend the Kickr in general? Worth the money if you are dedicating enough time to your turbo?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Was thinking about that T and another discussion we had a long time ago about data from devices.

I'm sure the permissions we approve which we intend are to allow sharing onwards to the app website or to allow 3rd party sharing automatically to strava and the like do allow a backdoor access to the data from the companies, kinda like how Google and Facebook use your data to 'improve the experience'

Its seems a bit odd that they openly admit to being able to see your live data. There has to be some data protection thing there but I'd say they are well covered with the T&C's.

Just makes you a wee bit more wary about how much data is being stored or shared (insurance companies etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭viperlogic

AKW wrote: »
    Just makes you a wee bit more wary about how much data is being stored or shared (insurance companies etc)

I used to work in big data analytics. Scary what they know about you, and they sell it on for a nice bit also!

Advertisement