Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Keeping it all Sony??

• 20-11-2015 1:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭

I got an LG tv and soundbar last year. I don't really like the TV or sound bar and just bought a 42" Sony smart KDL42w705 TV to replace it.

I wired my small living room for speakers when I built the house but have never used the wiring.

Does it matter if I get another brand cinema system for the room. Will another brand turn on and off with the TV and volume work with the TV remote?

Would the like of this work automatically in the back ground with out using its own remote to turn it off or on?
    http://www.adverts.ie/home-audio/philips-home-cinema-system/9303527
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,487 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

It's likely that you would use the cinema system remote to turn on and off the TV and control the volume. The TV will accept an On/Off signal via the HDMI connection, you'll just need to check the setting on the TV menus to enable this. It's highly unlikely that you will be able to control the cinema system volume using the TV remote unless the TV was the same brand and anyway, in all probability you will disable the TV speakers so the TV remote will be redundant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Hello again.

I was hoping for a little more advice.

If I buy a second hand Sony DAV-DZ260 system(which has the bravia sync), will I get get full digital sound when I watch netflix's with my new KDL42w705 TV?

At the minute I have a sound bar connected via optical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,487 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

If I buy a second hand Sony DAV-DZ260 system(which has the bravia sync), will I get get full digital sound when I watch netflix's with my new KDL42w705 TV?

Don't fall for that 'Bravia Sync' rubbish, the system uses CEC which is common to all manufacturers and is the Esperanto of HDMI connected devices.

Philips and other manufacturers try that marketing trick which is designed to fool you into thinking that you will have more function and better inter-device communications if you buy all of your kit from them.

Will you get full digital sound? It depends on what sound is included in the feed to the TV, you will be connecting the TV to the soundbar using an optical cable as you're doing now.

Advertisement