Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New build - Phone line connection

Options
  • 20-11-2015 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi

Who should I contact to have a phone line installed in a new build? I am looking for a broadband connection. Website does not help, neither do the sales teams. thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

jathclare wrote: »
    Hi

Who should I contact to have a phone line installed in a new build? I am looking for a broadband connection. Website does not help, neither do the sales teams. thanks
    Hi jathclare

The sales team is responsible for taking your order for a new phone line install - even if it's a new building and normal installation order just needs to be placed, when the technician calls out and the necessary works are not in place to do it that day the technician conducts an install survey and sends a report back to eir and more works are planned. It is worth mentioning that if the required cabling and ducting is not already in place then it can take anything between 8 to 24 weeks for installation depending on the level of works required. If you wish to open a business account you will need to contact sales on free phone 1800601701 and if you wish to open a residential account please contact sales on 1800503303.

It is also worth noting that eir can only accept orders to install under the agreement that you accept terms and condition upon which a contract will be applicable. Should you wish to request installation with the aim of signing up to service with another provider you will need to place the order with that provider who in turn place a request with eir wholesale.

Thanks
    AL

Advertisement