Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free iPad mini 2 with Sunday Times subscription (18 months)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Finally got a dispatch email. Estimated delivery is 29th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

iPad finally came today. A week after I got my dispatched email from Apple. Although the delay was I live in the back arse of nowhere :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Got the email today. Says delivery for the 29th but Apple always pad these delivery dates so I hope I will get it this week.

Strangely the tracking does not work at all.

By the way is it a silver or space gray they are sending out ?

Flaccus wrote: »
    Got the email today. Says delivery for the 29th but Apple always pad these delivery dates so I hope I will get it this week.

Mine was space grey

Flaccus wrote: »

I was the same but it changed from the 29th to by end of tomorrow. Just click the tracking number and it will bring you to the courier site, for me it was DHL. It wouldt work for maybe the first hour but there has been 4 updates since about 2:30

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

guil wrote: »
    I was the same but it changed from the 29th to by end of tomorrow. Just click the tracking number and it will bring you to the courier site, for me it was DHL. It wouldt work for maybe the first hour but there has been 4 updates since about 2:30

Thanks, the email I got has a PO Number, Order number in top right corner and a Delivery reference number besides the ship to address. The only clickable one is the delivery reference which brings me to apples site and 'page not found'. I tried the delivery reference on DHL.ie and it says it was delivered to MINSK BELARUS and signed for yesterday!! I take it that's a coincidence. I tried the Order Number on Apples site along with my email address I gave the Times and nothing found!!

Ignore above. Tracking working. It's with delivery courier. Here today. LOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

I was the same flaccus. Got nowhere with tracking but it arrived the next day. Got dispatch email on 16th (saying due for the 21st) and it was delivered on the 17th (evening). None of the links or tracking numbers got me anywhere

Got mine this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Tracking not working. Got email on the 16th. Mail claimed delivery date would be the 17th?!? Still nothing, am in Galway City not somewhere in the sticks :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Marklark

11214 wrote: »
    For those of you that have taken up the offer if you pop in to Dealz they have XtremeMac iPad Mini Micro Folio cases in stock.
    They seem to be good quality though I was't able to open one up as it was sealed.

http://xtrememac.com/product/micro-folio/
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/XtremeMac-Micro-Folio-Case-iPad/dp/B009VGKZIG

Anybody know if these are still in stock anywhere and which aisle to look for them? Thanks

They had them in Talbot St shop the other day. Where all the phone covers are. The whole display was so messy I nearly missed them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Should have mine tomorrow, at long last! Turns out DHL and stupid neighbours played a role in the delay. The courier tried to deliver on the 17th, unfortunately 2 doors down from us, even though I was at home. They weren't in and he dropped a "while you were out" card through their door. Unfortunately the neighbours didn't bother to drop the card into us until today.
    The tracking number on that card is completely different to the one in the email from apple. No wonder the tracking didn't work!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭CasualLiKE

Hi lads,

For anyone that has went ahead and paid the subscription - do you pay weekly or is it monthly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭kala85

Monthly - its 21.67 a month or 21.47e a month- its taken monthly off my credit card

CasualLiKE wrote: »
    Hi lads,

For anyone that has went ahead and paid the subscription - do you pay weekly or is it monthly?

It's billed monthly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭CasualLiKE

kala85 wrote: »
    Monthly - its 21.67 a month or 21.47e a month- its taken monthly off my credit card

Hi that's grand thanks,

I was wondering cause on the website it just says 5euro per week which got me excited. I don't mind paying monthly but I'll check what the monthly price of a new iPad is on littlewoods first before I make my decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 275 ✭✭retweet

Did anyone ask about the free 3 months? I emailed but never heard anything back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭kala85

Yes I asked about it originally and she said that it was part of a different deal apparently I think
    But then I remember reading here that it was advertised as part of the deal.

Im a bit disappointed with the app to be honest in that it is not the same as the other Sunday Times itunes app. The other app allows you to actually see the newspaper and read it as if you bought it in the shop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 275 ✭✭retweet

kala85 wrote: »
    Yes I asked about it originally and she said that it was part of a different deal apparently I think
    But then I remember reading here that it was advertised as part of the deal.

Im a bit disappointed with the app to be honest in that it is not the same as the other Sunday Times itunes app. The other app allows you to actually see the newspaper and read it as if you bought it in the shop.

It was advertised with the iPad offer! There was no other offer on the page. Strange tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭PrairieDawn

Just wondering how many days after the 14 days it took for ye're i pads to be delivered?
    I am leaving the country before the 14 extra days are up, and New years day is in there too.... today is my last day that I could cancel and just go buy the ipad outright for €250 in Canada when I get there...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Toxica

Just wondering how many days after the 14 days it took for ye're i pads to be delivered?
    I am leaving the country before the 14 extra days are up, and New years day is in there too.... today is my last day that I could cancel and just go buy the ipad outright for €250 in Canada when I get there...

In the T&C's it says it will be delivered within 10 working days once your 14 day trial period ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 aine100

Thanks for that. Got the last one in sligo dealz today for 1.49 couldn't believe it. What a bargain. still waiting for the ipad. signed up on the 15th of December. I guess it should arrive next week sometime. the app doesn't really work on my android phone. it's okish on my android tablet, but the sections freeze when downloading. still i'm enjoying it in my browser.

I've found it best to download two apps - the Irish version for the news etc and the original UK version for the features, crosswords. Delighted with it so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Davexirl

How is everyone finding the iPad 2 mini? Would everyone say who signed up to the deal that it's worth it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

sept09baby wrote: »
    I've found it best to download two apps - the Irish version for the news etc and the original UK version for the features, crosswords. Delighted with it so far

I do the exact same and its perfect :)
    I have asked them will they make the sport app available for Irish customers & they say they will look in to it for a future addition

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭thecivvie

Davexirl wrote: »
    How is everyone finding the iPad 2 mini? Would everyone say who signed up to the deal that it's worth it?

I find it well worth it. I use the app every day and it is much better than on my iPhone

Join Ireland Weather Network

Anyone else been getting calls from them? They keep calling me but when I answer there's no one there, only know it's them because I googled the number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Argos have Acer Iconia cases for 1.49

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭sozbox

18 months billed €5 weekly is €390 right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭loki7777

Yes. 52*1,50(18months)*€5=390

• Advertisement

Just got my email .

Is it normally next day delivery?

Just got my email .

Is it normally next day delivery?

I also got an email this evening saying mine was dispatched and estimated delivery was the 11th but checking the dhl tracking now it says estimated delivery is tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭corks finest

Seriously?

Op was always at the back of the math's class

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70 ✭✭Iyaibeji

Marklark wrote: »
    Anybody know if these are still in stock anywhere and which aisle to look for them? Thanks

There were a good few of these cases in dealz in fonthill, Clondalkin yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Shane.C

I can't seem to track the estimated delivery time with DHL, DPD or Nightline! Who else delivers these iPads?

Shane.C wrote: »
    I can't seem to track the estimated delivery time with DHL, DPD or Nightline! Who else delivers these iPads?

Dhl delivered mine

Shane.C wrote: »

Wait a few hours and if you click the shipping number it should take you to the courier.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 aine100

Got it yesterday. I must admit (being originally an apple device person and moving to android for the last few years) that it is a lovely tablet. Some of the apps that I would normally use on my android phone and tablet, are just better on the ipad mini. I also really like the size. The times app works great on it. Overall I am very happy with the subscription/purchase. All my Google stuff apart from the apps (movies, books ect) can be accessed and the kindle app is great on it. In order to track mine, I had to use the order number (the longer one) on the apple webpage. anyone find any nice apps to recommend, or is that another thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

Just signed up for this. Will monitor usage of the app during the "cooling off" period though as, IMO, it's not worth the subscription for the iPad2 alone.

So far so good though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

I do the exact same and its perfect :)
    I have asked them will they make the sport app available for Irish customers & they say they will look in to it for a future addition

What are the 2 apps per se...?

I don't have the iPad yet but was looking on the play store and I only see the (what looks like) UK app for The Times & The Sunday Times.

In the app store (Apple) is there an Irish variant?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Leslie91 wrote: »

I don't have the iPad yet but was looking on the play store and I only see the (what looks like) UK app for The Times & The Sunday Times.

There is, I got it myself.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.timesmobile.ie&hl=en

It works fine for me with some bits not great, i.e., you might only get one segment of a columnists section instead of all the little articles.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 roakleyIRL

Hi - I work for the Ireland edition of The Times - we have a tablet app for iPad and for android and a smartphone app for iPhone etc and android

When you sign up you get sent an email with the links to both but if you want to search for them you can just search - The Times and The Sunday Times Ireland edition and they will come up. When using android it can be a little tricky as sometimes the phone app comes up in the playstore and not the table app. You just need to make sure that you are downloading the tablet app when you are using a tablet. Thanks

Birneybau wrote: »
    There is, I got it myself.

It works fine for me with some bits not great, i.e., you might only get one segment of a columnists section instead of all the little articles.

Hi, I work for The Times Ireland edition. The app you have here is the smartphone app - it will work on a tablet but it would be better to download the tablet edition app from the playstore as it will work much better on your tablet and has better features etc

I can't post a link here as I am a new user but it is in the app store and is called

Times & ST - Ireland edition -

The image you should see is of a tablet with a headline - Courts can't cope with water cases and a photo of a model in a green cardigan

The tablet app for android is called Times & St - Ireland edition

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

When will this offer end ?

• Advertisement

When will this offer end ?

We don't have an end date in mind, but would give some notice in advance if we were planning to end it.

Thanks

roakleyIRL wrote: »
    We don't have an end date in mind, but would give some notice in advance if we were planning to end it.

Thanks

Can you advise on something myself and others have seen? The ad says you get three months free and directly under that it says complimentary iPad mini. There is only one link to click to sign up so it can't be any separate offer.

guil wrote: »
    Can you advise on something myself and others have seen? The ad says you get three months free and directly under that it says complimentary iPad mini. There is only one link to click to sign up so it can't be any separate offer.

Hi.

Sure. The 3 months free and the iPad deal are two separate packages. The iPad Mini deal is an 18-month subscription and payments start from the moment you sign up. Over 18 months it's €390 and the iPad is worth €310 so we feel it is good value as you will get 18 months of a 7-day newspaper for €80 or just over €4 a month. The standard price for the same paper is €5 a week or just over €21 a month.

I think when we first launched the iPad Mini deal we used an old ad template in one of the links and I think it still contained the 3 months free line in a particular part of the ad, but it wasn't meant to. This would have caused some confusion so we updated the ad recently to make it clear. The terms and conditions of the iPad deal did not include the 3 months free line.

I can appreciate why questions have arisen about this but the two are separate packages. I'm sorry we created this confusion but I would hope everyone can see that the iPad deal on its own is a good value offering on our part. It would not be possible for us to do the iPad deal along with 3 months free in the same package.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70 ✭✭Iyaibeji

I'm on day 4 into the 10 working day period, only copped now that it's 10 WORKING days, aaagh!
    I was hoping to be clutching my new iPad within the next couple of days!

Iyaibeji wrote: »
    I'm on day 4 into the 10 working day period, only copped now that it's 10 WORKING days, aaagh!
    I was hoping to be clutching my new iPad within the next couple of days!

You still might do! I got mine about 3 days into the 10 working day period. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement