Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tottenham v West Ham 4:00pm Sky Sunday 22nd November

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Incredible. West Ham have been having a great season so far. That's the sort of result that stamps a claim to the rest of the league.

Missing Alli for the Chelsea game is a big blow though. But a rest is probably needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

irishmover wrote: »
    Missing Alli for the Chelsea game is a big blow though. But a rest is probably needed.

I'm happy for him to have a much needed break. Mason looked decent, was unlucky, hit the post. Dembele has been so good to I'm not worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Someone on the soccer forum put up Leicesters next like 8 games and at least 6 of them would expect them to struggle so I'd expect them to have dropped out of the running come January and as soon as Vardy's run finishes they'll surely drop back. He'll of a run from them though.

Who do you have after that? Arsenal, City and United will of course all be challenging come may and I'd expect Chelsea to go on a run probably when Jose gets the bullet so they might pull back the 12 points to CL places and you will definitely have Liverpool and Maybe Everton/Southampton knocking on the door.

If we keep anywhere near this run going (obviously not unbeaten but picking up decent points) I don't think anyone else is going to run away with the league hence opens up more teams we may rob a CL place off.

Exciting times

• Registered Users Posts: 6,983 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

Why are spurs not on the soccer thread lads? Hope ye keep winning always enjoyed watching them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

kevthegaff wrote: »
    Why are spurs not on the soccer thread lads? Hope ye keep winning always enjoyed watching them

Because we much rather our own sub-forum and not the clusterf*ck on the soccer forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Nasty stuff before the game by the sounds of it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Heard the bricklayers was wrecked.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Attacking 6 against Chelsea...

Dembele - Dier.

Lamela - Eriksen - Son

Kaner.

OR...

Mason - Dier

Son - Dembele - Eriksen.

Kaner.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

Anyone seen a West Ham fan around?

I am looking 4-1 today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

davycc wrote: »
    kingdom yid is our lucky charm !
    09_09_09 wrote: »
    He should not be allowed to comeback till the season is over:D

Haha believe me I have been to enough bad defeats to earn these last couple of great results. By all means if you lads want to fund my trips over to every home game I will not argue with ye :D.

Great display yesterday, every player played well with extra special mention to Dembele who was outstanding. The funniest part of the day had to be the chant to the tune of 'Hey Jude', Nah nah nah nah nah nah nah, nah nah nah nah you're sh*t :D.

I heard stories alright the Bricklayers being attacked before kick off but the shutters were put down before any real damage could be done as far as I know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

If dembele has to drop back beside dier for Chelsea think I'd prefer
    Son-Lamela-Eriksen
    Behind Kane

• Registered Users Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭golfball37

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Haha believe me I have been to enough bad defeats to earn these last couple of great results. By all means if you lads want to fund my trips over to every home game I will not argue with ye :D.

Great display yesterday, every player played well with extra special mention to Dembele who was outstanding. The funniest part of the day had to be the chant to the tune of 'Hey Jude', Nah nah nah nah nah nah nah, nah nah nah nah you're sh*t :D.

I heard stories alright the Bricklayers being attacked before kick off but the shutters were put down before any real damage could be done as far as I know.

There was one WH fan stabbed according to news reports.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

That was such a good performance yesterday.

In the middle we controlled it, as we have done the past 4/5 games. Alli missing for chelsea isnt ideal but it give him a break plus son clearly proved that hes ready to start.

Son -- Eriksen -- Lamela isnt bad at all. Dembele been playing a lot beside dier so thats not a problem.

More than the results its so refreshing to see tottenham looking to control games, whilst playing really nice football

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

09_09_09 wrote: »
    Anyone seen a West Ham fan around?

I am looking 4-1 today

I'm playing rainy Astro with 2 tonight! Can't wait to take the pee outta them in a friendly way!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

team playing well
    manager doing a great job
    best team spirit I can remember
    still worry about cover for Kane
    with the right investment in January and we could challenge at the very top

team playing well
    manager doing a great job
    best team spirit I can remember
    still worry about cover for Kane
    with the right investment in January and we could challenge at the very top

January isn't the time to invest, you get completely ripped off. A big money signing could unsettle the youngsters. I'd much prefer we make an investment in someone with potential.

January isn't the time to invest, you get completely ripped off. A big money signing could unsettle the youngsters. I'd much prefer we make an investment in someone with potential.

anything happens to Kane and we're pretty fcuked

every other area seems fine, but this should be a priority

anything happens to Kane and we're pretty fcuked

every other area seems fine, but this should be a priority

Agreed, but going all out and spending 20-30m is not the answer. I'm glad we didn't get Berahino now, deffo not worth 25m. I'd much prefer someone with potential in January, even someone on loan

• Registered Users Posts: 9,731 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I agree, January for the most part is a terrible time to buy (there are some exceptions to the rule).

... but paying over the odds is the price you pay for failing to buy proper back up over the summer.

If Kane gets injured then sure Son, Chadli etc could cover a few games but they'd be no more then a very short term option, so let's hope it doesn't come to any more then that.

A loan deal might be a better option. There might be an opportunity to pick up someone who needs game time ahead of the euro 's this summer... a good pro who could come in and influence the younger lads would be ideal.

Agreed, but going all out and spending 20-30m is not the answer.

never gonna happen anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

In terms of back-up for Harry Kane, I think we should be looking in the lower leagues for young players with potential and a hunger to perform at the top.

One that springs to mind is Moussa Dembele from Fulham. Has been fancied by Fulham for a while. He's only 19 and is starting to play/score regularly.

On top of that, Fulham are in their second season down there so might be running out of parachute payment money.

There won't be a massive need for a large injection of cash and he'd be happy to learn from HK. Plus, you could comfortably play him in the cups or bring him on as a sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Buy a good centre forward in Jan and we could challenge for top 4

There will be no top class signing - we don't do that anymore

I suppose I'd be happy with one from Austin /Berahino / Long / Walters

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

There will be no top class signing - we don't do that anymore

I suppose I'd be happy with one from Austin /Berahino / Long / Walters

Spurs have never made a top class signing.

Bar maybe Lloris. That was unusual, in that he wanted a move right when no top club needed a keeper.

Ormus wrote: »
    Spurs have never made a top class signing.

Bar maybe Lloris. That was unusual, in that he wanted a move right when no top club needed a keeper.

"Spurs have never made a top class signing"

Do you genuinely believe this ?

"Spurs have never made a top class signing"

Do you genuinely believe this ?

Not in the Premiership era anyway.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Modric, Eriksen, Vertonghen and Lloris are all top class signings.

Kiith wrote: »
    Modric, Eriksen, Vertonghen and Lloris are all top class signings.

If they were top class signings we would've had to beat off competition from Real, Barca and Bayern, or at least City.

Lloris is the only one who was possibly world class when we signed him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Ormus wrote: »
    If they were top class signings we would've had to beat off competition from Real, Barca and Bayern, or at least City.

Lloris is the only one who was possibly world class when we signed him.

What would be your definition of world class?

• Advertisement

ziedth wrote: »
    What would be your definition of world class?

Good enough to get into most of the top sides in the world.

Maybe a more accurate measure would be in the top 5 in the world in his position.

Advertisement