Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Account Fees not yet applied?

Options
  • 20-11-2015 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

Hi there

not that i am giving out about not having to pay fees :) - but, back in June(ish) my account was transferred to a standard current account from a Student Account.

I understand that Fees are applied every quarter? - with the last quarter being in September, right? - i was not charged anything at that point.

I guess what i am getting at is, that i don't want to be landed with a massive accounts fees bill some month where i could do without that bill!

is there some way i can check?

thanks!

Robert

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

oB1 wrote: »
    Hi there

not that i am giving out about not having to pay fees :) - but, back in June(ish) my account was transferred to a standard current account from a Student Account.

I understand that Fees are applied every quarter? - with the last quarter being in September, right? - i was not charged anything at that point.

I guess what i am getting at is, that i don't want to be landed with a massive accounts fees bill some month where i could do without that bill!

is there some way i can check?

thanks!

Robert
    Hi Robert,

Thank you for your post.

If you’re currently a Student with a student bank account you then avail of free banking.

If you’re no longer a student you need to contact your account holding branch directly to have your bank account changed over to either a regular Current account or a Graduate account.

You can call BOI Direct on 0818365365 & a representative will be happy to assist you.

Thanks,

Tara C

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭oB1

Hi Robert,

Thank you for your post.

If you’re currently a Student with a student bank account you then avail of free banking.

If you’re no longer a student you need to contact your account holding branch directly to have your bank account changed over to either a regular Current account or a Graduate account.

You can call BOI Direct on 0818365365 & a representative will be happy to assist you.

Thanks,

Tara C

Hi Tara

Sorry, maybe I was not clear enough. I am already a standard current account holder since June 2015 and have yet to pay any fees.

I just want to make sure I'm not landed with a considerable deduction from my account

I did not pay fees in September which I believe was the last quarter ?

Thank you

Robert

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

oB1 wrote: »
    Hi Robert,

Thank you for your post.

Thanks,

Tara C

Hi Tara

Sorry, maybe I was not clear enough. I am already a standard current account holder since June 2015 and have yet to pay any fees.

I just want to make sure I'm not landed with a considerable deduction from my account

I did not pay fees in September which I believe was the last quarter ?

Thank you

Robert
    Hi oB1,

Thanks for your reply.

Just to mention, when you hold €3000 or above in your account for the full fee quarter, you will not be charged any transaction fees for that quarter. However you will still be charged the €5 Maintenance fee on your account each quarter. The date that fees were deducted on Current accounts in September was the 25th. Please check back over your statement to see if the €5 Maintenance fee was applied to your account on the 25th of September. The next date that fees will be charged is December 31st and you can find our full Schedule of Fees and Charges brochure here.

If you need further clarification with this, please call us on the number above or you can send this query when logged into 365 Online by going to the Online Service Desk and then the Ask a Question option.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement