Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4G payg

Options
  • 20-11-2015 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭

Hi,
    I'm currently on a PAYG offer, legacy from eMobile. The description ends with LL4G offer - which I presume means that if I had a 4G-capable phone, I could avail of those speeds.
    Am I right that I would need a new SIM? My old phone is broken so I need to get a new one soon and might as well go for the 4G option. I would not be getting my phone through eir as they don't stock the model I want.

And is the easiest way to get a new SIM, and get it under my current number, to go into an eir shop?

Thanks for any help or advice.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

cscook wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm currently on a PAYG offer, legacy from eMobile. The description ends with LL4G offer - which I presume means that if I had a 4G-capable phone, I could avail of those speeds.
    Am I right that I would need a new SIM? My old phone is broken so I need to get a new one soon and might as well go for the 4G option. I would not be getting my phone through eir as they don't stock the model I want.

And is the easiest way to get a new SIM, and get it under my current number, to go into an eir shop?

Thanks for any help or advice.
    Hi cscook

Yes definitely, the easiest way to go about this is to just pop in to an eir mobile store, request a 4G sim  request that the plan be transferred to that sim :)

AL

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭cscook

Thanks for the super-quick response.
    And thanks for your previous help a short while back with my father's line fault - all working wonderfully these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

cscook wrote: »
    Thanks for the super-quick response.
    And thanks for your previous help a short while back with my father's line fault - all working wonderfully these days.
    You're most welcome :)

Al

Advertisement