Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swimming - Hair Colour

Options
  • 20-11-2015 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭

Any recommendations on products or practices to save hair colour from chlorine damage?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

There's a spray you can get in boots that protects hair colour from chlorine.

Also before you get in soak your hair in the shower so it's already wet and then cover with a proper cap that professional swimmers use, it stops the chlorine being able to soak in.

I am very blonde and used to do the above followed by the spray and my hair was fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

if you wear a silicone hat, and then a latex hat on top..

Make sure the cap sits on skin, not hair..

(years of training and this was the best outcome to keeping my hair dry)

Keep in mind it will be tight! fine for me as i race, but for a dip in the pool it may annoy you :(

shakencat wrote: »
    if you wear a silicone hat, and then a latex hat on top..

Make sure the cap sits on skin, not hair..

(years of training and this was the best outcome to keeping my hair dry)

Keep in mind it will be tight! fine for me as i race, but for a dip in the pool it may annoy you :(

How did you manage to keep your hair totally dry? Is it short?
    Mine always gets wet no matter what I do with hats so I deliberately soak it in clean water now!!

How did you manage to keep your hair dry? Mine always gets wet no matter what I do so I deliberately soak it in clean water now!!

ah it was never 100% dry... seen as i was forever and still am pulling it down over my ears,
    even the larger long haired swim caps ride up on the ears!

shakencat wrote: »
    ah it was never 100% dry... seen as i was forever and still am pulling it down over my ears,
    even the larger long haired swim caps ride up on the ears!

Ha I must try them. I always have the egg on top of head look from having it all piled up there...attractive!!

• Advertisement

Ha I must try them. I always have the egg on top of head look from having it all piled up there...attractive!!

hahaha I'm the same, id hate to see what people look like when their hair is down to their bum!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Thanks for the advice. I'm just a leisurely swimmer. Will check out that spray in boots.

Advertisement