Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eddie Rockets

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

cena wrote: »
    One thing is an issue. Parking. well people be welling to walk from golden island or dunnes for Eddie rockets

You obviously never heard of hazard lights. Just hit the button and all of those parking problems go away. If people will do it to use the ATM in church street then I don't see why a 1950s-themed diner would be any different.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Mearings

You obviously never heard of hazard lights. Just hit the button and all of those parking problems go away. If people will do it to use the ATM in church street then I don't see why a 1950s-themed diner would be any different.

In London it is not unusual to see a car with hazard lights blinking on the back of a tow truck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Bring back munchies. ..isn't that right Lenin

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Miss Munchies!

After ginkles of a Saturday night...into munchies for a big dirty burger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

Bring back Ryano's!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

I'd take the old-school cookhouse back over it any day.

Was just thinking about Munchies the other day when I was catching up on the latest goings on with ****e-in-the-bucket and Junkies Bastard. Those lads used to go into Munchies and order a cup of curry sauce and nothing else, and then down it like a cocktail. Ya need to be tough to drink a cup a curry sauce, it's not for innocent fools, righT!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭Lt Dan

ongarboy wrote: »
    You'd be surprised how many are employed in such outlets across various shifts as Eddie's is open in many locations until 4am. A lot of them tend to be part time positions however.

eg McDonalds opened a new drive thru in Naas last week employing over 100 staff (with that number I'm sure most were part timers )

You think Eddie Rockets will stay open in Athlone on a Saturday night at 4am? This ain't Dublin after all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭Lt Dan

I can't see it doing that well. ..it'll do ok for a while. ...but people won't continue to pay the outrageous prices they charge for food....people will be back giving their money to Pat Mcdonagh soon enough.

Ya, but, as pricey as it is, you do get value for those bucks. Portions are huge . Not a big fan myself

Lt Dan wrote: »
    Ya, but, as pricey as it is, you do get value for those bucks. Portions are huge . Not a big fan myself

I wouldn't call them huge. ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭jaded_pause

Have they started refurbishing Mary's yet? Any word on when it'll be open? I'm dying for a go of sweet potato fries! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Nothing has kicked off yet, but I'm sure they're more likely to start renovations in the New Year. Would imagine it's a little too close to Christmas to get the ball rolling.

Advertisement