Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

=Syrian Refugees for Dungarvan=

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,932 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Those that are complaining about the standard of English new refugees may possess need to look alot closer to home.

Just had a review of some of the posts on this page .....

I don't think those same folks have any reason to fear.he without the sin etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,173 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

listermint wrote: »
    Those that are complaining about the standard of English new refugees may possess need to look alot closer to home.

Just had a review of some of the posts on this page .....

I don't think those same folks have any reason to fear.he without the sin etc.

Its fine and well to joke about some peoples poor English here, but be realistic for a minute. They won't have a word and Arabic is a very different language!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Its fine and well to joke about some peoples poor English here, but be realistic for a minute. They won't have a word and Arabic is a very different language!
    That depends tbh, a lot of the refugees I've come into contact with in austria have had some level of english and were often fairly well educated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SpaceSasqwatch

Carnacalla wrote: »

You'd be surprised at the amount of people that have a second language:rolleyes:

Also just because they speak arabic doesnt mean they havent lost the ability to learn.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭kettlehead

That depends tbh, a lot of the refugees I've come into contact with in austria have had some level of english and were often fairly well educated

The vast majority of them are not well educated. It's a myth.
    The qualification structure of immigrants from the crisis-afflicted states of Syria, Iraq, Nigeria and Afghanistan is probably poor. According to data from the World Bank, the illiteracy rate even among the 14-24 year old age group is 4 percent, 18 percent, 34 percent and 53 percent in these countries respectively. Even in the most developed of these countries (Syria) only 6 percent of the population has a university degree, which is not equivalent to a German diploma in many cases. Although refugees tend to be male and younger than the demographic average age, one thing is still clear: they are poorly prepared for the German labour market. In addition to language courses, Germany will also need to invest in training, which will generate extra costs.

http://trueeconomics.blogspot.ie/2015/09/22915-germanys-ifo-refugees-to-cost-ten.html?m=1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Kaylee

I hear ye..you're worried about a tiny amount of people enforcing sharia law.

Well here's something to ponder maybe they are worried their kids are going to be abused by christians if they accept asylum or get caught up with local terrorists planning on bombing the UK...tough one that...war at home or something horrible for their kids here.....

I love generalisations :P

No, it's not necessarily the enforcement of Sharia law I'm worried about, but the actual ideology of islam - as stated (which people seem to want to brush over) and how it will impact upon the general population ie. the place of women in society, attitudes to gay people and tolerance of other religions, or even sects (Sunni v Shia). It doesn't have to go anywhere near Sharia.

What I fear is a situation where people were so afraid of being branded racist (by leftist opinion formers) that these problem attitudes are ignored.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-28934963

Of course some refugees will integrate and make a success of their lives here - but many will not. That is just human nature.

I take your point about Catholic abuse, however we have not spent all this time evolving from one archaic, backwards society to suddenly import thousands of people from another backwards society and it's not a generalisation - being oppressive, regressive - it's the nature of Islam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭dissed doc

Anecdotal experience doesn't trump reality.

People are worried about Paris style attacks guns, machete attacks in the UK, or radicalised "middle class educated" islamicists like in the US.

My anecodatal experience is that there is barely a few weeks that go by without some sort of Islam-supporting massacre.

It is done by people who move here and like a Trojan horse, attack from within. naivety and being suitably anti-gun and pro-open-borders is not actually a defense against being killed. Defying the Islamic terrorists by sitting a cafe bravely with a Facebook photo is also not a response.

These guys are identifying as Islamic, it would be super if you believed and accepted them for what they are and say they are, as much as you would accept a man identifying as a woman, or as much as you believe that black lives matter.

It is the extent of the hard left's arrogance, arbitrarily choose what viewpoints are "acceptable" or not, and is as fascist as any hard right opinion.

Please, accept this religions hardline extremists for what they are, before you too end up like the victims the ongoing attacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭seanaway

Seemingly there was a public meeting in Dungarvan the other night on this but i didn't hear until after the event. Was anyone here at it or does anyone know anything about what went on? Some say public reps were at it but there seems to be ZERO info as to what was discussed/ decided/revealed.

kettlehead wrote: »
    The vast majority of them are not well educated. It's a myth.

http://trueeconomics.blogspot.ie/2015/09/22915-germanys-ifo-refugees-to-cost-ten.html?m=1
    But the them you are referring to is Syrians etc., not Syrian refugees coming to Europe

Your article is really just making a bare minimum guess and doesn't factor in some points though, first educated people are more likely to need to flee the warzones in the first place as they are one of the first targets of islamic militant groups and second that these people make up a greater proportion of refugees as by virtue of their education they are wealthier and have more access to the money needed to pay for their escape

dissed doc wrote: »

People are worried about Paris style attacks guns, machete attacks in the UK, or radicalised "middle class educated" islamicists like in the US.

My anecodatal experience is that there is barely a few weeks that go by without some sort of Islam-supporting massacre.

It is done by people who move here and like a Trojan horse, attack from within. naivety and being suitably anti-gun and pro-open-borders is not actually a defense against being killed. Defying the Islamic terrorists by sitting a cafe bravely with a Facebook photo is also not a response.

These guys are identifying as Islamic, it would be super if you believed and accepted them for what they are and say they are, as much as you would accept a man identifying as a woman, or as much as you believe that black lives matter.

It is the extent of the hard left's arrogance, arbitrarily choose what viewpoints are "acceptable" or not, and is as fascist as any hard right opinion.

Please, accept this religions hardline extremists for what they are, before you too end up like the victims the ongoing attacks.
    I'll take my own anecdotes having worked with these people over your version of 'reality' gleaned from the internet thanks very much

• Advertisement

Agree with a lot of what you say. It is those who identify themselves as muslim first and Irish second which is the main concern.

It comes down to where loyalties lie. Watching Ireland as it changes we can see two clear patterns within the muslim communities. One, I believe tthe larger, are peaceful and want to integrate and understand/be understood. The smaller, and we all know who is the mouthpiece, is more worrying - but not a serious threat - yet at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Profix

seanaway wrote: »
    Seemingly there was a public meeting in Dungarvan the other night on this but i didn't hear until after the event. Was anyone here at it or does anyone know anything about what went on? Some say public reps were at it but there seems to be ZERO info as to what was discussed/ decided/revealed.

I wasn't there but have heard from some that were there. They reckon the whole thing is to be stopped.

Not a good solution in my opinion, but the government hasn't exactly helped themselves here at all. Insane level of incompetence shown.

I'll take my own anecdotes having worked with these people over your version of 'reality' gleaned from the internet thanks very much

How many murders are acceptable to you from Islamicist asylum seekers? 10? 100?

Maybe someone running amok with a machete in Waterford? A stabbing in Ikea? Your mother or sister raped like we see In Sweden?

You may have your (sick, in my opinion) reasons to want the type of immigration that has lead to violent rapes (perhaps your girlfriend gets group raped, like in the asylum camps on the continent), you want perhaps yoir friends stabbed when they leave a pub.

You cannot depersonalise the risks. People, including me, care about their parents, brothers, sisters, friends. It is not right, that the hard left decides to brush over the dangers.

Many people have been killed. The Islamicists have stated repeatedly, they are in Europe, and they have carried out multiple mass murders, along with tge smaller attacks by isolated individuals. That has happened repeatedly this year.

It is disconcerting, that someone could consciously support something, that has lead to such atrocity as we have seen recently. That sort of thinking needs help.

You'd be surprised at the amount of people that have a second language:rolleyes:

Also just because they speak arabic doesnt mean they havent lost the ability to learn.
    It's 'number' of people not 'amount' of people.:D

Maybe someone running amok with a machete in Waterford? A stabbing in Ikea? Your mother or sister raped like we see In Sweden?

You may have your (sick, in my opinion) reasons to want the type of immigration that has lead to violent rapes (perhaps your girlfriend gets group raped, like in the asylum camps on the continent), you want perhaps yoir friends stabbed when they leave a pub.

You cannot depersonalise the risks. People, including me, care about their parents, brothers, sisters, friends. It is not right, that the hard left decides to brush over the dangers.

Many people have been killed. The Islamicists have stated repeatedly, they are in Europe, and they have carried out multiple mass murders, along with tge smaller attacks by isolated individuals. That has happened repeatedly this year.

It is disconcerting, that someone could consciously support something, that has lead to such atrocity as we have seen recently. That sort of thinking needs help.

Some of your points are valid and are backed up by the stats from Sweden. However, Swden is a different country. They also made a BIG mistake in putting all refugees, especially during and after the Yugoslavia wars, into large tower block areas oustide the main Swedish cities. This led to non-integration and isolation.

We need only look at some areas of Dublin to see we made that mistake with our own before and with, unsurprisingly, the same results.

As bad as our system is we seem to have learned not to do this.

Might what you say happen? Possibly. However, I don't think it will be to the same degree. We still have a much smaller % of our population as immigrants and, on the most part, they integrate reasonably well. Integration is key. Isolation leads to bitterness and anger with the resultant violence you mention.

But the them you are referring to is Syrians etc., not Syrian refugees coming to Europe

Your article is really just making a bare minimum guess and doesn't factor in some points though, first educated people are more likely to need to flee the warzones in the first place as they are one of the first targets of islamic militant groups and second that these people make up a greater proportion of refugees as by virtue of their education they are wealthier and have more access to the money needed to pay for their escape

Please provide sources to back up your claims. Not wanting something to be true and it actually not being true are two very different things.

As you're living in Austria I am going to presume that you can speak German. If not, run these articles through Google translate.

Two thirds of the refugees are illiterate - http://www.zeit.de/2015/47/integration-fluechtlinge-schule-bildung-herausforderung

Only ten percent are deemed fit to find work in Germany's labour market - http://www.hln.be/hln/nl/34662/Vluchtelingencrisis/article/detail/2549356/2015/12/08/De-Wever-Hoogstens-10-vluchtelingen-bruikbaar-op-arbeidsmarkt-leert-Duitsland.dhtml

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

Because no one ever got raped or murdered before refugees were allowed in?:rolleyes:

I guess you also approved of the way the Irish were treated in England (by an ignorant minority) during the "troubles". After all weren't some of them just waiting for a chance to blow up pubs, hotels and tube stations!

Because no one ever got raped or murdered before refugees were allowed in?:rolleyes:

Reudctionism is no defence. How many extra people are you happy with being killed by Islamic terrorists moving to Ireland, as they (ISIS) have stated? Paris had an extra 130 people killed just a few weeks ago. So are you happy with a similar amount being killed in Ireland? What benefit is it to you, that they come here. Why do you support the increase in risk of such atrocity?

Why are you actually trying to defend these people? What is wrong with you? The attackers who murdered the 130 people were also French citizens, home grown extra terrorists. You justify home grown Islamic terrorism being imported because people already get murdered in some way? That is insanity, like a drunk deciding, "I am already drunk and vomiting on myself, so lets just finish things off with a bottle of vodka".

Enough people get killed already, why add more to the pile? Why do you support these types of atrocities? Or the rapes in Sweden by asylum seekers? Are you willing to have your sister or mother pinned down by a bunch of Islamicist asylum seekers all so you can have... what? What exactly is it you achieve or are even defending? That is what happens now. Your type of thinking is sick, or else you are simply presenting a reductionist oppositionalism to anything remotely requiring active decision making on what you find acceptable.
    I guess you also approved of the way the Irish were treated in England (by an ignorant minority) during the "troubles". After all weren't some of them just waiting for a chance to blow up pubs, hotels and tube stations!

I said no such thing, and has nothing to do with Irish, England, or the "troubles", you are off on quite a tangent and might also assume that I approve of the sky being green. What has that got to do with a pragmatic solution to this issue of hard left groups pushing for an increase in asylum and corresponding increase in home grown terror attacks. That is the reality for people in Paris and London,.. and up until now not in Dublin.

Yes murders and rapes take place. I am concerned by the rise associated with the asylum wave. The attacks in open streets like in London, the machete attacks, the Ikea attack. Random unprovoked assaults, attacks, murders and rapes. Well done on defending it, you make me sick.

If you are happy, then why not cough up your own money, pay for an asylum seeker group, and if anything happens, well you carry the can.

Some names of the Islamic "asylum" seekers who slaughtered 130 people in Paris: (from Wikipedia)
    - M. al-Mahmod, who had entered the EU with Syrian refugees via the Greek island of Leros on 3 October.
    - The final bomber carried a passport belonging to a 25-year-old Syrian named Ahmad al-Mohammad. A passport-holder claiming to be a Syrian refugee with that name was registered on Leros in October upon his arrival from Turkey.

So, Syrian refugees for Dungarvan? Or is the hard-left answer "but it is only two people who were Islamicist murderers"?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

If you can't see the similarities between how the Irish were treated a couple of decades ago and how you feel the Syrian refugees should be treated then it's pointless arguing with you.

From what I can see your chances of getting killed by a terrorist is still small.

Be careful when you wrap yourself up in bubble wrap, leave a small hole to breath through, though perhaps a gas mask might be an idea.

If you can't see the similarities between how the Irish were treated a couple of decades ago and how you feel the Syrian refugees should be treated then it's pointless arguing with you.

Many Germans are still obsessed with feeling responsible for the Nazis. Not one person the current generation of Germans was a Nazi, and not one can ever be responsible for what they did almost 80 years ago.

Many Irish are still obsessed with feeling wronged or mistreated by the UK in the 1970s. Not one person from the current generation of Irish was wronged, or could ever be wronged by events from almost 40 or 50 years ago.

Get over it. This problem is right now in 2015. You can no more claim being part of some wrong done unto Irish people in the 1970s and feeling obliged to help, then a German can feel responsible for a Nazi in the 1940s and feel obliged to help. Delusions of significance, both of them, with the same damaged and biased response. Want a pat on the back, a gold star. Well done, you are not a Nazi like your grandfather. Well done you can support the cause of the downtrodden.

The downtrodden who are already homeless, IN Ireland, and need your help. Start at home.
    From what I can see your chances of getting killed by a terrorist is still small.

Be careful when you wrap yourself up in bubble wrap, leave a small hole to breath through, though perhaps a gas mask might be an idea.

It is small, but I do not want it increased, especially by force. We already have enough murders, rapes, and poverty and homeless to deal with.

• Advertisement

Shockingly poor coverage of this in the local papers. NO questions being asked of local politicians.

Here are some if any local journalists are reading this:
    1. When was the decision made?
    2. Did anyone from the Dept of Justice visit the proposed site?
    3. If so, hy didn't they check if planning permission had been obtained?
    4. If not, why not and just how did they make the decision?
    5. What is the dept's take on the fact the hotel didn't have permission?
    6. Why did they not consult locals?
    7. Given they have handled this so badly what is the dept of Justice going to do to reassure people taht the vetting they are going to do is thorough and accurate?
    8. Why have no local politicians asked the above questions?

Contacted several papers myself, no response.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Henrsboy

seanaway wrote: »
    Shockingly poor coverage of this in the local papers. NO questions being asked of local politicians.

Here are some if any local journalists are reading this:
    1. When was the decision made?
    2. Did anyone from the Dept of Justice visit the proposed site?
    3. If so, hy didn't they check if planning permission had been obtained?
    4. If not, why not and just how did they make the decision?
    5. What is the dept's take on the fact the hotel didn't have permission?
    6. Why did they not consult locals?
    7. Given they have handled this so badly what is the dept of Justice going to do to reassure people taht the vetting they are going to do is thorough and accurate?
    8. Why have no local politicians asked the above questions?

I have emailed the department of justice myself last week asking the above questions and also about access to the beach and parking for cars of what tourists will still use the beach. All I got back was a generic email saying my mail was received. As a local in the area there has been a total lack of disrespect shown from the hotel management and the Department of Justice.

Reudctionism is no defence. How many extra people are you happy with being killed by Islamic terrorists moving to Ireland, as they (ISIS) have stated? Paris had an extra 130 people killed just a few weeks ago. So are you happy with a similar amount being killed in Ireland? What benefit is it to you, that they come here. Why do you support the increase in risk of such atrocity?

Why are you actually trying to defend these people? What is wrong with you? The attackers who murdered the 130 people were also French citizens, home grown extra terrorists. You justify home grown Islamic terrorism being imported because people already get murdered in some way? That is insanity, like a drunk deciding, "I am already drunk and vomiting on myself, so lets just finish things off with a bottle of vodka".

I'm sorry to say; you suffer from extreme irrationality. I'm not going to let some desert dwelling jihadi mentalist barbarians tell me I can't show humanity to the people who have suffered by their sword the most. The reality is that any potential damage done by these refugees in terms of crime will truly be tiny. Of course, criminal elements will take advantage of our humanity and get in - but that is still no reason to close the doors. It's illogical and completely not in proportion; it is childish logic. "one baddie got in, I'll never help anyone ever again!!".

You will of course suffer from confirmation bias so will spend the next few years finding all the information that agrees with your irrational fears, digging yourself further into your bubble. Gladly, you do not have control of such matters and the rest of society understands the risks do not outweigh the need to help war refugees.
    Some names of the Islamic "asylum" seekers who slaughtered 130 people in Paris: (from Wikipedia)
    - M. al-Mahmod, who had entered the EU with Syrian refugees via the Greek island of Leros on 3 October.
    - The final bomber carried a passport belonging to a 25-year-old Syrian named Ahmad al-Mohammad. A passport-holder claiming to be a Syrian refugee with that name was registered on Leros in October upon his arrival from Turkey.

So, Syrian refugees for Dungarvan? Or is the hard-left answer "but it is only two people who were Islamicist murderers"?

Great logic son. Correlation. All the attackers also have brown skin, should we ban any brown skinned refugees? The majority of the attackers were European, should we ban Europeans from our shores? Of course ISIS will utilize a refugee route to get in to Europe. Again, it is childish to let such irrational fear determine your actions. The reality is that the two possible refugees aren't even know to be refugees and are suspected to have used fake passports. The reality is the attacks couldn't have happened without european citizens doing 90% of the work. The reality is that ISIS can get people into Europe by other means, particularly when so many have european citizenship.

Two ISIS executioners were arrested in a Finnish asylum centre. They were caught as they uploaded the video of them executing eleven unarmed air cadets. They would have travelled through numerous EU member states to get to Finland. The Finnish Interior Minister has stated that some 300 asylum seekers in Finland have terrorist links. If they can make it all the way to Finland then can make it to here too. It is naive to suggest otherwise. Actually, it is downright dangerous to play down the risks involved.
    Interior Minister: 300 asylum seekers in Finland have links to terrorism
    Interior Minister Petteri Orpo said on Thursday that the arrest of two Iraqis on suspicion of eleven murders in Iraq shows that Finnish law enforcement is up to the task. Orpo added that according to Finnish intelligence, some 300 asylum seekers in Finland have some link to terrorism.

http://yle.fi/uutiset/interior_minister_300_asylum_seekers_in_finland_have_links_to_terrorism/8520152

Profix wrote: »
    I'm sorry to say; you suffer from extreme irrationality. I'm not going to let some desert dwelling jihadi mentalist barbarians tell me I can't show humanity to the people who have suffered by their sword the most. The reality is that any potential damage done by these refugees in terms of crime will truly be tiny. Of course, criminal elements will take advantage of our humanity and get in - but that is still no reason to close the doors. It's illogical and completely not in proportion; it is childish logic. "one baddie got in, I'll never help anyone ever again!!".

You can demonstrate your humanity by helping the hundreds of thousands of people already in Ireland in varying levels of poverty. Are you looking for a Humanitarian Special Prize? There is none.

The reality is, two Syrian asylum seekers were allowed in and participated in a massacre in Paris just a few weeks ago. And for some sick reason, you rationalise it away that "the potential damage will be tiny". How can you as a human being even contemplate that this is "collateral damage" of the asylum process. You are a sociopath if think that, no better than Donald Rumsfeld.

Just maybe a few dozen dead, a few rapes, but all in all, you got to feel more of a humanitarian and are will to sacrifice the safety of the others to suit your own insecurity about your need to actualise your compassion in such a tangential way. What a king of men you are, not afraid to sacrifice others for your own good.
    You will of course suffer from confirmation bias so will spend the next few years finding all the information that agrees with your irrational fears, digging yourself further into your bubble. Gladly, you do not have control of such matters and the rest of society understands the risks do not outweigh the need to help war refugees.

I am emphasising the need to not help terrorists. Right now our government is in secret negotiations about this, just like they are with regard to TTIP. Transparency would help, yet we get none, and Paris got 130 people dead, 2 of which were Syrian asylum seekers (as in the thread title).

Great logic son. Correlation. All the attackers also have brown skin, should we ban any brown skinned refugees?

You are making that massive tangential jump to make some correlation, not me. Are you against brown skin people? You brought that up, you racist bigot. I was discussing the need to identify the risks of terrorist threat from the asylum crisis and you decided of your own accord that it was about race. Maybe you should learn to separate race from your political views. Race has nothing to do with the murder and rapes we see in relation to the asylum crisis. For you, you obviously associated "attackers" to be "brown people". Nice work Goebbels, do you have a swastika on your bedroom wall as well? This has nothing to do with race, so please leave your 1930s attitude at home.

So far, you are willing to have murders and rapes in Ireland to show your compassion for legitimate asylum seekers. Secondly, you are unable to avoid bring race into like a typical racist bigot, when the issue is around the risk of terrorism just like we see regularly in the countries that have accepted asylum seekers.

A racist supporter of murder and rape by a small percentage of asylum seekers is what you are, based on your response. Are you even allowed out of prison? What sort of sick person even says what you do?
    The majority of the attackers were European, should we ban Europeans from our shores? Of course ISIS will utilize a refugee route to get in to Europe. Again, it is childish to let such irrational fear determine your actions.

We are not part of Schengen. Effectively, we require continental European passport holders to identify themselves or they are not allowed in. This has been the case for decades now. They are not banned, but they have a traceable Frontex history if they are a threat. People with asylum papers are approved by Frontex and in the Schengen system. They need to get through to get into Ireland. They are all "banned" until they present the right paperwork.

As I mentioned, two recent (October 2015) asylum seekers participated in the ISIS attacks slaughtering 130 people in Paris. Why are you supporting them? Do the police know you think like this? Fake or real asylum seekers, that had the right passports and papers to be in Schengen. A few weeks later, they are opening fire or blowing up bombs in Paris. And you are willing to take this risk for your neighbours and family, for "your humanity" and good feeling that you are doing the right thing for the teacher or parent that instilled this need to please in you. Super, have a pat on the back and a gold star lad.

ISIS have already used the refugee route, and that is why it needs to be stopped as much as possible. They have already murdered, it is not a what if. it is not irrational fear, but actual real fear, when people are murdered or raped by gangs of asylum seekers or with isolated incidents of asylum seekers like in Sweden (the Ikea attack, the rapes).

What on earth do you have to gain by supporting this? Some death wish against yoiur neighbour? Only a psychopath could depersonalise the murder and death that has been brought. You need help, not just with your above racism where Syrian = "brown person", but with the acceptance of "collateral damage" of murder or rape for.....(drum roll) "our humanitarianism".

And yet that same humanitarianism is nowhere to be found when it comes to the poor or homeless in Ireland. I sincerely doubt you are as humanitarian as you think, with your psychopathic, racist, murder-supporting attitude.

You can demonstrate your humanity by helping the hundreds of thousands of people already in Ireland in varying levels of poverty. Are you looking for a Humanitarian Special Prize? There is none.

Running from genocidal maniacs is a more pressing issue than our already existing persistent homeless problem. It's a weak cop out to try and move the goalposts in that direction and you know it.
    The reality is, two Syrian asylum seekers were allowed in and participated in a massacre in Paris just a few weeks ago. And for some sick reason, you rationalise it away that "the potential damage will be tiny". How can you as a human being even contemplate that this is "collateral damage" of the asylum process. You are a sociopath if think that, no better than Donald Rumsfeld.

Just maybe a few dozen dead, a few rapes, but all in all, you got to feel more of a humanitarian and are will to sacrifice the safety of the others to suit your own insecurity about your need to actualise your compassion in such a tangential way. What a king of men you are, not afraid to sacrifice others for your own good.

If you truly think the Paris attacks would not have happened without the refugee crisis then I don't know what to say to you. The majority, read that again, the majority of jihadi attacks in Europe are carried out by domestically grown terrorists. It has always been the case and will always be the case. Being fearful of terrorism from refugees is completely irrational. Worry about pressures on society I can understand, worries about terrorism paint you a fool.

I am emphasising the need to not help terrorists. Right now our government is in secret negotiations about this, just like they are with regard to TTIP. Transparency would help, yet we get none, and Paris got 130 people dead, 2 of which were Syrian asylum seekers (as in the thread title).

Let us see if you are at least consistent in your fear. The most likely culprit for terrorism in Ireland, by far, are dissident republicans or unionist paramilitaries from the North. Do you think allowing the free movement of nordies into Ireland presents a pressing representation of our state helping terrorists?
    You are making that massive tangential jump to make some correlation, not me. Are you against brown skin people? You brought that up, you racist bigot. I was discussing the need to identify the risks of terrorist threat from the asylum crisis and you decided of your own accord that it was about race. Maybe you should learn to separate race from your political views. Race has nothing to do with the murder and rapes we see in relation to the asylum crisis. For you, you obviously associated "attackers" to be "brown people". Nice work Goebbels, do you have a swastika on your bedroom wall as well? This has nothing to do with race, so please leave your 1930s attitude at home.

Are you really so desperate to be correct that you intentionally miss the plainly obvious point? In case you are that dense, to draw wide overreaching conclusions on the actions of two possible refugees without drawing similarly illogical wide overreaching conclusions on the rest of the correlations is inconsistent at the very least, and in all likelihood really hiding an bigoted agenda of fear.
    We are not part of Schengen. Effectively, we require continental European passport holders to identify themselves or they are not allowed in. This has been the case for decades now. They are not banned, but they have a traceable Frontex history if they are a threat. People with asylum papers are approved by Frontex and in the Schengen system. They need to get through to get into Ireland. They are all "banned" until they present the right paperwork.

So, again, you do not want to consistently follow your logic of ensuring no terrorists make it into Ireland - because you are fine with the already existing controls on Europeans. This again suggests an ulterior motive for your selective application of your logic.
    As I mentioned, two recent (October 2015) asylum seekers participated in the ISIS attacks slaughtering 130 people in Paris. Why are you supporting them? Do the police know you think like this? Fake or real asylum seekers, that had the right passports and papers to be in Schengen. A few weeks later, they are opening fire or blowing up bombs in Paris. And you are willing to take this risk for your neighbours and family, for "your humanity" and good feeling that you are doing the right thing for the teacher or parent that instilled this need to please in you. Super, have a pat on the back and a gold star lad.

Clutching straws.

Henrsboy wrote: »
    I have emailed the department of justice myself last week asking the above questions and also about access to the beach and parking for cars of what tourists will still use the beach. All I got back was a generic email saying my mail was received. As a local in the area there has been a total lack of disrespect shown from the hotel management and the Department of Justice.

Emails are a waste of time. Phone calls are mostly free and tie up time at the dept. Call every hour on the hour and, if that fails, every minute on the minute and then every few seconds. You'll be surprised how quickly you get heard when they realise you won't give up ... :)

Well done on getting on, going, and doing though....most will talk and not act..

Have you tried calling the hotel management? Leave a voicemail even if only a short 'I'm no happy about not being consulted one' is better than nothing...

• Registered Users Posts: 14 islamaphob

Cloneas beach sold from under your noses

• Advertisement

What's this about it being called off I'm hearing?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement