Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

=Syrian Refugees for Dungarvan=

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 islamaphob

What a bunch of cowards you all are, all to scared to say what you mean .
    This is not a race issue this is a religious culture issue Islam is and forever has been a violent religion as taught by the Quran.
    As for inviting this culture into ireland you will all live to regret it, or maybe not.
    Whoever allowed the Mcgraths to get away with this must be brain dead, or decidedly richer now.
    I suggest you all stop pussy footing around and voice your opinion, remember your not a racist because you despise The teachings of the Quran.
    wake up smell islam because its coming to get you.
    and for fxxk sake get our beach back boycott everything McGrath.

cloneas beach for tourist movement lets hope your right

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

If you can't see the similarities between how the Irish were treated a couple of decades ago and how you feel the Syrian refugees should be treated then it's pointless arguing with you.

From what I can see your chances of getting killed by a terrorist is still small.

Be careful when you wrap yourself up in bubble wrap, leave a small hole to breath through, though perhaps a gas mask might be an idea.

The difference is the Irish & English no matter what conflicts over the years have a lot in common
    Syrians have nothing in common with Ireland. Have you lived amongst a lot of Muslims? If you did you would see how they treat women & the contempt they have for western women

rumours only that the council have woken from there winter hibernation, and are contesting the planning compliance of cloneas hotel for the housing of refugees .
    GET OUR BEACH BACK

and as for that so called member of the government , Ciara Conway TD (Totally Dumb) if she can't see the ramifications of this outward invitation to Islam to settle in Ireland as a negative, then i guess we all look forward to seeing her, or should i say not seeing her in a burqa.

• Advertisement

Once again get our beach back

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

But what about our beach? Should we get it back?

Clonea beach Sold . Damn right we should

Clonea beach Sold . Damn right we should

Profix wrote: »
    Is anyone aware of any volunteering work for helping out the refugees in clonea?

I'd like to make sure they are getting proper food and are talking to actual Irish people rather than bureaucrats. The fact that they are so far from town is a joke, how can we help integrate refugees if they are in a hotel like that.

let me enlighten you on proper food a cow hung by its back legs throat slit while it is writhing in agony till all the blood has drained from its body, all in the name of halal. Of course this contravenes all western rules on humane killing of livestock but we made a special case for our friends of Islam after all if we keep them preoccupied sliting livestock throats we may manage to retain our own heads on our shoulders. What a super bit of PR by chief pig 1400 years ago to look dirty and avoid this indignity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭seanaway

islamaphob wrote: »
    What a bunch of cowards you all are, all to scared to say what you mean .
    This is not a race issue this is a religious culture issue Islam is and forever has been a violent religion as taught by the Quran.
    As for inviting this culture into ireland you will all live to regret it, or maybe not.
    Whoever allowed the Mcgraths to get away with this must be brain dead, or decidedly richer now.
    I suggest you all stop pussy footing around and voice your opinion, remember your not a racist because you despise The teachings of the Quran.
    wake up smell islam because its coming to get you.
    and for fxxk sake get our beach back boycott everything McGrath.

your sentiments are clear and, as in all democracies, valid and worth voicing. However, your anger towards Islam is clear.

It might be worth you posting exactly how and why you have reached this point of anger. After all, all points are to be encouraged so that people can make up their own minds.

Love democracy for this reason alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Ellie2008

Regardless of your views on immigration, Islam or anything else, I would have thought most people would agree that Clonea is not the place for this. I'd be saying that if they decided to have the same number of Irish homeless people there. Pure greed on the part of the owners, no consideration of course given to their fellow business people in the town, who benefit from Clonea being a tourist hot spot.

It's also not fair on the refugees how are they going to get anywhere, there s nothing out there for them.

In my view this would have a huge impact on the local economy which is only going to lead to resentment.

This is barely in the mainstream media, people of Dungarvan you need to make your voices heard!

seanaway wrote: »
    your sentiments are clear and, as in all democracies, valid and worth voicing. However, your anger towards Islam is clear.

It might be worth you posting exactly how and why you have reached this point of anger. After all, all points are to be encouraged so that people can make up their own minds.

Love democracy for this reason alone.

Maybe your not living on the same planet as me asking that question.
    Answer = democracy not sharia. Life not death.
    To preach hate is a crime. As it should be .
    The Quran is the definitive guide of hatred.
    ISLAM is Manson on a global scale. A cult.

Ellie2008 wrote: »
    Regardless of your views on immigration, Islam or anything else, I would have thought most people would agree that Clonea is not the place for this. I'd be saying that if they decided to have the same number of Irish homeless people there. Pure greed on the part of the owners, no consideration of course given to their fellow business people in the town, who benefit from Clonea being a tourist hot spot.

It's also not fair on the refugees how are they going to get anywhere, there s nothing out there for them.

In my view this would have a huge impact on the local economy which is only going to lead to resentment.

This is barely in the mainstream media, people of Dungarvan you need to make your voices heard!

Regardless of suitability what you have here is a covert operation by the Mcgrath s to sneek this under the radar and shaft anyone and everyone in dungarvan. It's his hope that we will all be choked by political correctness and be unable to voice our opinion. Once again I call on everyone out there with any regard for the future of Dungarvan and clonea to rise up and oppose this lunacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭seanaway

Help!!!! wrote: »
    The difference is the Irish & English no matter what conflicts over the years have a lot in common
    Syrians have nothing in common with Ireland. Have you lived amongst a lot of Muslims? If you did you would see how they treat women & the contempt they have for western women

I have and you are talking general bollox. I might ask if you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

seanaway wrote: »
    I have and you are talking general bollox. I might ask if you have?

Yes I have, I lived in London for many years. I've seen women having to move on buses & tubes because Muslim men were leering at them. I've seen Muslim men get on a bus & tell a western woman to get up so they could sit there.
    Look its like any race/colour/creed you get nutters in all types of people so I'm not gonna say that they are all terrorists. I'm just saying that the is a huge difference in culture between us & the people from Syria. I worked with Muslims from Bangladesh, Kenya, Morocco & Somalia & had conversations about religion & how they live because I was interested to know more about Islam. So yeah I do know what I'm talking about if you think its bollox then that is your opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭foxcoverteddy

Not con cerned about refugees they will be taken care of, it is the producing of halal meat which hopefully is not done in this country, the sale should be banned, if we care about animals, if nothing happens then we are all a load of bollox for not protesting, unless we can prove they are related to the plg family. Protect our cattle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Ellie2008

Not con cerned about refugees they will be taken care of, it is the producing of halal meat which hopefully is not done in this country, the sale should be banned, if we care about animals, if nothing happens then we are all a load of bollox for not protesting, unless we can prove they are related to the plg family. Protect our cattle.

There is a halal slaughterhouse in Ballyhaunis or however you spell it there has been for years.

Ellie2008 wrote: »
    There is a halal slaughterhouse in Ballyhaunis or however you spell it there has been for years.

Yes and you can hear the animals screaming in agony as you drive past.

Wake up before we become another Sweden or Holland it won't take long for a population of 4.5 million to become a minority with Islam taking control of this country and culture, and the standard ball for GA football matches will be a Christians head .

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

islamaphob wrote: »
    Maybe your not living on the same planet as me asking that question.
    Answer = democracy not sharia. Life not death.
    To preach hate is a crime. As it should be .
    The Quran is the definitive guide of hatred.
    ISLAM is Manson on a global scale. A cult.

And yet here you are preaching hate

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

Clonea beach belongs to the community.
    Don't let the McGraths take this from you time for reaction contact the council and inundate that feminist progressive liberal Ciara Conway. Who should be standing up for the rights of all free woman in Ireland, against Islamic oppression.
    Funny how there's a different set of rules for Islam, might have something to do with being killed if you exercise your right to free speech.

And yet here you are preaching hate

Do you mean preaching facts can't remember using the word hate or wishing harm on anyone . In fact quite the opposite fighting for the rights of cows.
    So don't try and silence me with that PC bull**** . Peace to the planet I guess that won't happen until Islam has killed every so called infidel and non believer.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

islamaphob banned for racist comments and also their user name. Whilst I believe users should be able to voice concerns on political issues, I just felt that islamaphob's comments and intentions were no way constructive.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 liberte

You need to be talking about a race to be racist Islam is a religion.
    Islamaphob is a recognised word in the dictionary.

so we don't quite get where you coming from banning this persons right to free speech and opinion, maybe you should apologise for that racist accusation before your sued.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭dissed doc

Back-room dealings to ghettoise asylum seekers. Maybe the reason the ghettosand terrorism and no-go Sharia areas exist in Paris, The Hague and London is because of similar corrupt local politicians preventing normal integration exist.

Unless people who move to Ireland are integrated we will have huge problems, Sharia law and animal cruelty being minor concerns.

Allowing local politicians to make these deals for cash (as we saw recently) is the problem, an dprobably the reason the problems started in other countries.

Someone is making a killing on this, and at the expense of everyone else

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

liberte wrote: »
    You need to be talking about a race to be racist Islam is a religion.
    Islamaphob is a recognised word in the dictionary.

so we don't quite get where you coming from banning this persons right to free speech and opinion, maybe you should apologise for that racist accusation before your sued.

Taking a wild guess here, but I presume you're absolutely no connection to Islamaphob? Nothing at all? Identical twins even?

Anyway, we've tried to leave this thread run it's course and allow people debate the subject in a clam, fair, reasonable fashion but it's consistently ended up with elements of hate speech and anti-immigrants remarks which we're not comfortable with.

For that reason, and disregarding the discussion isn't appropriate for the forum you're in (the general debate, rather than the local housing debate), we're going to lock this thread and end the discussion within the forum.

There are more relevant areas on the site to discuss the Syrian Refugees situation.

Topic Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement