Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MobiTracker - how do I get rid of it??!!

Options
  • 20-11-2015 9:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭

Got new phone. Want/need to see stuff off old phone because it would be just far too handy for new phone to copy over phone numbers. When I switch on old Handset MobiTracker Alarm is going off like a mofo. Can't delete it, can move it to another Folder buit it's still saying it needs some internal Setting or some crap if I want to delete it. Very very low memory on old phone so even if I tried to go into Nokia Suite on my Laptop to try update it and see would that re-jig it some way and try and re-set it so that I could knock it off, - it possibly wouldn't even have enough memory available there to accept any updates.

Any one know of any Folder on my phone that I could try move it around to, so that it wouldn't need this internal Setting that I'd be able to delete it?!? :(:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭kissmequick

No replies?! Aw c'mon surely someone know..... :/:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

1) You will have to first install software like X-plore to explorer the systems files.
    2) Open X-plorer, turn on show hidden files and go to c partition.
    3) Search for files with extension .dat
    4) Look for file name ProcServ.dat and move it to memory card for backup purpose.
    5) Go to application manager and try removing the application, it will work like a charm.
    6) Now reboot your phone to make sure that everything is working fine.

What is the trick?
    The file ProcServ.dat is used by Mobitracker and located in C drive hence application manager could not remove the application as the file is in use by the OS.

Alternate Solution:
    1) Install Netqin Antivirus from Nokia Store.
    2) Open Netqin and kill MobiTracker process.
    3) Uninstall MobitTracker using Netqin.

The above method is working for most of the users on Nokia forums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭kissmequick

With Netqin how do I uninstall - all's I can see is Deleting Bin, something else that looks like a To-Do List and there is a 3rd icon but I don't remember what that is? When I click on Netqin it opens the contents of My Phone on the right side and I can see MobiTracker is in there and MobiDataTracker. When I try to bin them and confirm it it doesn't do anything there are still showing up in the list. I also see something in there called Mobile Security, I don't know if that is anything got to do with MobiTracker or if it's a genuine Nokia feature. I don't remember ever installing anything called Mobile Security but maybe I did.

I will try the X-plore way and see.

Advertisement