Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Old Police Ghost Stories.

• 20-11-2015 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello,
    I was just wondering if anyone had any police related ghost stories or paranormal tales. Anything about old Garda / RIC / DMP stations or any stories at all really.

I have a few nice ghostly tales that I can post on here if anyone is interested.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Harryprice wrote: »
    I have a few nice ghostly tales that I can post on here if anyone is interested.

We certainly are :) Post away

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Harryprice

This is a story that was in an article in November 1955 in the garda review it was written by a Sgt. it says when he had completed his training he was sleeping in Dublin Castle and left in this room where 14 other men slept. 1 night he was alone in bed and all the other men were on duty on when someone switched off the lights. He thought that some of the others were playing a joke and jumped out of bed and switch the light on again. he opened the door but there was nobody there he got back into bed and the same thing happened then he heard somebody shoveling coal into the kitchen range. The range had only the capacity for a 3 shovrl fulls but the shoveling went on and on So he got out of bed and crept down the passage towards the kitchen the shoveling continued. He opened the door and quickly switched on the kitchen lights the shoveling stopped suddenly. There was no one in the room the fire was nearly out nothing had been put on the range for hours and the shovel was stored in it usual position against the wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Css189

Myself and the team investigated Elizabeth fort and got some good audio in the former Garda station. We got lots of banging doors and some other odd sounds when the building was empty.

Advertisement