Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did not receive my returned item

Options
  • 20-11-2015 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭

Hi

I'm looking for some advice.

I ordered a designer handbag from a well know high end Irish store online. Paid with my credit card.

Received same, not for me - returned via their free postage with the relevant documentation enclosed. I got proof of postage from the post office.

Few days later I receive a parcel from the store that I did not order and my return documentation from the bag was enclosed.

I contacted the store to advise I received this package in error and to confirm they received my return. They said they still await the bag to be returned. The clearly received the bag as they sent me back my order form that I had filled out?

The are not accepting my proof of postage as its not specifics enough as confirmation it was returned and I'm blue in the face trying to explain.

Any advice of my next steps to ensure I get a refund? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Diziet

Ask to speak to a manager, who has the authority to sort this out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Your proof of postage should be enough.

Sect 19.4 of S.I. No. 484/2013
    (4) In the case of sales contracts, the trader may, unless he or she has offered to collect the goods, withhold the reimbursement until—

(a) the trader has received the goods back, or

(b) the consumer supplies evidence to the trader that he or she has sent the goods back,

whichever first occurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Wexy86

slimjimmc wrote: »
    Your proof of postage should be enough

Thank you, I knew the proof should be enough but I couldn't find the right section to quote.

Advertisement