Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice Skerries YouTube clip

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Lovely vid from Mark Broderick. A cracking qualified drone pilot & videographer.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

That's amazing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭dslamjack

Yi know, I remember when I was a young once,t'was the last century now, up above around ye old Boot Inn, we's grab old tall sally's and knock together any old bike we could and set off for the day out to Seatown or Malahide or Donabate or Portrane .
    The big adventure though was Skerries via Rush, a load of door step sambo's ,tin's of sardines/ bean's ,a bottle of tayor keith or savage smith lemonaide bought on the way(with money from the returned bottle's),we'd light a small fire on the beach and eat them from the can.
    Swimming and playing footie on the beach,had to get the Skerries fire brigade once to rescue little Paulie off the cliff's at Drumanagh(they were a million mile's high then) and the Garda giving out hell to us for not having light's on our bike's ,then there was the welcome from the search party sent to look for us,(cause we never told anyone where we were going).
    The giving out too was all way's short lived and worth it,we never really did get in too much trouble, well apart from the time , we robbed Mrs Markey's tin bath to go sailing, now there was trouble over that,anyhoo , ye know growing up in NCD , on a good day ,it's like God's own garden,still is I suspect for young and old alike.
    Even now,everyday, as I recover from illness, the one thing I will all way's remember of NCD people,is the laughter,no matter how hard times where or how tough ,NCD people all ways had time to chat and laugh most of all- I'll tell ye about the tin bath another time.

Advertisement