Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Give your opinion on the Hip-Hop song above

• 21-11-2015 1:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭

Give a description and not only a whatever out of 10. Basically, you post a hip-hop song (which you link with a video) & the poster below will listen to it and give their opinion. Then post your own for the next person. I'll ask that you genuinely listen to the content in it's entirety. This should be fun and if nothing else you might discover a great song you mightn't have heard before.

I'll start it off.

Mr. Cheeks Ft. Freaky Tah - Plant a Seed

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭Andre 3000

Very nice little track, not my preference of Hip Hop but I certainly wouldn't hit skip if it came on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

@Andre 3000
    I'll try relight this thread. I had no idea who this rapper was before I listened to him. He reminds me a lot of Mos Def or Common. It's a really great song.

It's refreshing to hear a HH track talking about a story instead of how great you are without a Guetta beat.

For the next viewer:

The Intro XX with 2Pac

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I'm not a fan of that 2Pac remix thing, the vocals dont sit well of mix well into the beat, and it's not a beat that Pac would have used I'd imagine. Is' probably why its not a good fit.

I listened to this in that car this morning and it fired me up for the day:

There is so much about this I love:
    politics sorted in one line
    shout out to his label
    shout out to the dj
    cuts
    electirc guitar
    charles bronson refernces
    jokes about Fresca
    an insanely great beat

Advertisement