Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

given wrong TV from Power City....return?

Options
  • 21-11-2015 1:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

My bf bought a 48" Samsung tv in Power City, and set it up but after a few days decided he wanted the same model but the 55" instead. He paid the "repackaging" fee and took home the new 55" and set that one up.
    This time however after setting it up he noticed the stand looked different and he was right, he was given the wrong Samsung 55" tv from the stock room (a similar but an inferior, slightly cheaper model).
    Is he entitled to get the correct one which is in stock even though once again he has opened the box?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

He is entitled to the model he selected and paid for in the shop.
    If the shop gave him the wrong model then they should replace it with the correct one at no extra cost to your bf or they could offer a refund for the price difference of the lower spec tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭allybabe84

slimjimmc wrote: »
    He is entitled to the model he selected and paid for in the shop.
    If the shop gave him the wrong model then they should replace it with the correct one at no extra cost to your bf or they could offer a refund for the price difference of the lower spec tv.

But are they going to have a problem with the returned 55" tv as the box was opened??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

That doesn't really matter as it was their error. Proving and getting them to accept their error may be the trickier bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

What is printed on the receipt, did your be pay the lower price for the inferior model or was he charged for the better model but given the inferior one?

davo10 wrote: »
    What is printed on the receipt, did your be pay the lower price for the inferior model or was he charged for the better model but given the inferior one?

He was charged for the better model, the receipt has the correct price and model number for the dearer one.. I wasn't there at the time but the guy who brought out the inferior tv from the stock room had a look at the receipt and said that's fine, here's your tv...
    I checked both models myself on the Power City website, there is only one digit in the difference of the model numbers between the two

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Clear error. Just contact them as you were given the wrong product. No big deal and easily rectified at no cost to yourselves.

Thanks for all your replies, as soon as my bf gets home from work today at 4pm we are going straight to Power City so I'll let you know how it went....!

So brought the wrong 55" back to the shop, they checked the receipt and we collected the correct one, no problem and no extra charges, now we hope the tv isn't faulty when we take it out of the box :)

• Registered Users Posts: 69,038 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Powercity are usually pretty good with customer care. Family owned firm and all that.

Advertisement