Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mynute 14SE problem...

Options
  • 21-11-2015 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi,
    I have a Mynute 14SE gas boiler (just after being serviced) and its acting up.

Basically sometimes it starts - sometimes it doesnt - and sometimes it works for a while and then stops.
    When it stops the red reset button becomes illuminated - pressing this sometimes gets it running again. It doesnt seem to happen more when its cold or warm - and the rads have been bled. Also, the pressure gauge sometimes rises when its been running a while - sometimes it goes right up - almost to the max.

We also occasionally have to "top up" the closed system by manually releasing a valve in the hot press - we have to do this when the pressure meter is low - this usually brings it up to 1-2.5-ish. This will then increase to almost 3-3.5 after a short while.

The guy service it said I need a expansion valve - which I understand, by why is the pressure increasing after its been running a while? And would this have anything to do with the cutting out? When it cuts out the pressure gauge is often normal - between 1 and 2.5 approx.

I hope I've explained this well and it makes sense! Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 jessie2124

The gauge rises because the expansion vessel is gone ur prop losing water out of the safety valve on the boiler this pipe is usually pipe out side from the boiler go out and check it c is it wet or losing water

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭hamguy

Hi,
    Yes - there's definitely loosing water out the safety valve. It starts at low pressure and the pressure rises to above the red Max indicator about about half an hour - then returns to low once its switched off and it cools.

jessie2124 wrote: »
    The gauge rises because the expansion vessel is gone ur prop losing water out of the safety valve on the boiler this pipe is usually pipe out side from the boiler go out and check it c is it wet or losing water

• Registered Users Posts: 12,808 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

hamguy wrote: »
    Hi,
    Yes - there's definitely loosing water out the safety valve. It starts at low pressure and the pressure rises to above the red Max indicator about about half an hour - then returns to low once its switched off and it cools.

You need to get a new expansion vessel fitted and probably a new prv fitted too. While the Rgi is doing that, they can fault find the reason that it's locking out

Thanks.

Hopefully it won't end up costing an arm and leg!
    Dtp1979 wrote: »
    You need to get a new expansion vessel fitted and probably a new prv fitted too. While the Rgi is doing that, they can fault find the reason that it's locking out

• Registered Users Posts: 12,808 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

hamguy wrote: »
    Thanks.

Hopefully it won't end up costing an arm and leg!

Maybe just an arm

• Advertisement

Sorted. It needed an expansion vessel (which was installed in the hot press) as the one in the burner was goosed and the sensor/thermostat in the burner was acting up also.

Thanks for assistance. :)

Advertisement